OP
OP
B

BrotherReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know ich is always in the tank. That's given no matter what. But the autopsy determined it wasn't ich but natural causes. Weird huh.

But I really don't have the room for two 180 tanks. I know you're not being harsh. It is what it is flat out. My fish are healthy and I'll let them heal naturally.

Quinn123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like your zeovit reactor? I bought a zeovit z-3 and have not set it up yet, because I heard from many reefer that is a pain to maintain. Don't what to do with it. Anyone have any suggestion on how to convert zeovit reactor to a bio- pellets reactor? Any suggestion I would deeply appreciated.

OP
OP
B

BrotherReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like your zeovit reactor? I bought a zeovit z-3 and have not set it up yet, because I heard from many reefer that is a pain to maintain. Don't what to do with it. Anyone have any suggestion on how to convert zeovit reactor to a bio- pellets reactor? Any suggestion I would deeply appreciated.
I don't use them and have them both about to get ready for sale. I started with them when I setup the tank but after the first 3-6 months I was done. Me being a disabled vet and all that bending took its toll. But I did get a good workout from them.

thejuggernaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who built your tank. Those seams look crystal clear. I just starting messing around with building me a new overflow, and have acquired a new appreciation for large acrylic tank builders.

OP
OP
B

BrotherReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who built your tank. Those seams look crystal clear. I just starting messing around with building me a new overflow, and have acquired a new appreciation for large acrylic tank builders.
A local builder made my tank. They are the ones they call to fix the tanks that Tanked build. I demanded external overflows as I wanted as much of the tank as I can. But they do a great job considering my tank was originally going to be rimless with all sided being 1 1/2 inch thick acrylic.

OP
OP
B

BrotherReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3eab77c90c52570616222e058301908c.jpg

377db45ca2ab9d1a021bb447b34e1a26.jpg

5bdcffd47e2110eadda4bcf0ee69e904.jpg

f1fcee69fae0c702cbe9e4c168e339fc.jpg

This is the stays of my tank today. Have I lost some corals, yes. Are some struggling, yes. Is it my fault, somewhat. In the past 2 months I lost a main pump, which I mentioned some posts ago, power supply to my WP60s went out and it took over a week to get a new one. Ordered 2 Maxspect Gyre 150s that I couldn't use because my acrylic is to thick for the magnets. Ordered the suction cups only to find out they don't fix my pumps because they were made for the original 150s and the ones I have now are the new noise reducing ones. So I came up with my own fix and this is it,
439b5fdfb311083693ab16e9ceef9e07.jpg

And this is one of the brackets I made to slide over my brace on the tank,
0942540be85fa431e7b50bf0c8160805.jpg

Now the only problem I'm having is when making my salt water, at 1.024 the alk is suppose measure 7.3-7.7 dKh but coming out at 14.55 dKh using Hanna and Salifert test kits. Other than that I'm good. Just stumped.

OP
OP
B

BrotherReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well hello everyone. Sorry for the latest but I think I know my problem but then again I don't know my problem. Here is my tank as it looks today.

66b658bad79b9bc7d081237c53d94d9f.jpg

95955a775dfaaa6574b310a902fc2fc4.jpg

79f53bebb2c28faebbea09bdbeb98558.jpg

You're probably or probably not wondering what happened? All I know is everything was going well and randomly I would wake up or come in from outside of town and I will have flesh coming off the skeleton or worse just bleached out. The only parameter that I'm fighting at the moment is potassium as I can't get it over 360ppms to save my life. Maybe I'm not ready for mari cultured corals or my tank is old enough. So far the only corals surviving are aquaculture or corals I got from other hobbyist tanks. I'm not going to quit but maybe take a different approach.

I plan on starting all over and use aquaculture frags and just sit back and watch them grow. I always thought adding frags to a tank my size was like giving a whale a tic tac. I guess patience will have to be the key this time. I'm on the crossroads as to either start the calcium reactor back up or just straight start Part A, B, C dosing.

Sorry guys.

dankreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't start over. If I was you the first thing I would do is send a water test out to triton and see what is really going on. I'd turn your CA reactor on slow drip since you don't really have much but try to keep the levels stable. Might not even need either depending on how fast your levels are dropping. What kind of water changes are you doing. You can put sps in a tank as soon as it is cycled and grow them out, done it myself and seen others. That is a myth. But definitly start off by getting reliable tests to see what is going on. If all the levels truely are spot on I would start looking for pests. Don't worry you will get it turned around.!

danangelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry to hear all of the issues my friend. Are you still running full zeovit? What are you using for potassium additive. Are you doing water change with that high alk? Zeovit is so sensitive to changes and low potassium will stn from my experience. I hope you find what is really going on. Have u posted on zeovit with whats going on?

OP
OP
B

BrotherReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry to hear all of the issues my friend. Are you still running full zeovit? What are you using for potassium additive. Are you doing water change with that high alk? Zeovit is so sensitive to changes and low potassium will stn from my experience. I hope you find what is really going on. Have u posted on zeovit with whats going on?
I stopped running zeovit because of my injuries and extended visits to the hospital. I basically run a small modified zeovit system with just sponge power, coral vitalizer, and amino acids. I'm using a red sea supplement for potassium. The reason my dkh was high because of a false reading on my tds meter so that is now in check. I think I found out what's going on and fixing it now as we speak. Thanks for your knowledge and input.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 82 79.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.9%
Back