5017 ATO error help please

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OTB008

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The too low/too high will flash red simultaneously while beeping and the level light will flash green 8 times. Thanks in advance for any help.

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see any thing mentioning the exact light pattern you're seeing, but, something very important with the Tunze ATO controllers is that you have to look at them absolutely 100% straight on. The way they are built, the light bleeds though behind the case and makes it look like other LEDs are lit when they're not. Many threads (including one of my own) have been started about problems with these controllers only to find out (as was the case with me) the person had the controller mounted on the left/right side of a cabinet so they were looking at it from a sharp angle.
In my case, literally the only reason I figured it out is because I stuck my phone in the cabinet to take a picture and post it here and was surprised to see that the picture didn't reflect what I was seeing. At least not until I stuck my entire head into the cabinet to see for myself.
Looking at the directions, I'm wondering if you have water damage to the controller (anything splash on it). That error will make the Too High and Too Low light flash (which could make other LEDs appear lit). Directions say to open it up and clean/dry it.
The Too Low light can also flash if the pump ran for too long without the water ever reaching the eye. Make sure there's water in your ATO bucket AND it's actually being pumped up to the tank (pump is working/hoses connected etc).

What happens if you power cycle the ATO? Does it go through the normal motions, does run the pump for a few seconds like it's supposed to?

OP
OP
OTB008

OTB008

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There should not be any water damage. I’ve been running this unit for a couple years and have never seen this error. I’m trying to figure out if it is something I can fix or clean myself or do I need to send it in for repair. I tried to attach a video for reference but uploading from my phone doesn’t seem to work. Thanks

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could upload it to youtube or imgur and post the link here.
Also, just to clarify, I assume you're using the 3155, right? 5017 is the controller, I'm not sure if they use it on any other products.

Back