50K Gal Tank in London!!!

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
while on family vaca in London last week we happened to walk by an office building lobby (Sales Force Tower near Liverpool Street underground station) that had a HUGE aquarium that occupied most of the lobby back wall. It was an unbelievable tank and I tried taking pix but they didn't come out well due to all the sun light glare. I even returned at night hoping for better pix but there was still too much glare from lights. The lobby staff were kind enough to let us in and explain about the tank (if you visit, pictures are not allowed but I was able to sneak few in)

- tank is 4M tall x 12M long x 3M deep with 22cm thick acrylic panels!
- Panels were custom made in the USA and shipped to London.
- panels were brought into lobby during building construction prior to the lobby entrance wall being installed!
- Apparently this is the biggest privately owned aquarium in England.
- Maintenance is done 4x/week by someone in a scuba gear diving inside to clean the huge panels.
- they even have quarantine tank in the basement

If you look at the picture towards left side where it looks like a tall column, you can see a huge eel. Had so much fish, all looking healthy, and because the tank's so large the Emperor Angel's looked tiny. Towards bottom of tank are the office chairs with people ducking for size perspective, this tank was just amazing.

tan.jpg
tan2.jpg
tan3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Super Fly

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
noticed a t
while on family vaca in London last week we happened to walk by an office building lobby (Sales Force Tower near Liverpool Street underground station) that had a HUGE aquarium that occupied most of the lobby back wall. It was an unbelievable tank and I tried taking pix but they didn't come out well due to all the sun light glare. I even returned at night hoping for better pix but there was still too much glare from lights. The lobby staff were kind enough to let us in and explain about the tank (if you visit, pictures are not allowed but I was able to sneak few in)

- tank is 4M tall x 12M long x 1M deep with 22cm thick acrylic panels!
- Panels were custom made in the USA and shipped to London.
- panels were brought into lobby during building construction prior to the lobby entrance wall being installed!
- Apparently this is the biggest privately owned aquarium in England.
- Maintenance is done 4x/week by someone in a scuba gear diving inside to clean the huge panels.
- they even have quarantine tank in the basement

If you look at the picture towards left side where it looks like a tall column, you can see a huge eel. Had so much fish, all looking healthy, and because the tank's so large the Emperor Angel's looked tiny. Towards bottom of tank are the office chairs with people ducking for size perspective, this tank was just amazing.

tan.jpg
tan2.jpg
tan3.jpg
Edit - typo on tank depth, it's 1M not 3M... sorry

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow that's crazy!

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back