52 gallon tank

calvertc425

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I got a new 52 gallon tank according to the dimensions of it its 48 inches long by like 21 by 12
Im wondering where i should put the overlof in it and whast size will fit this tank the best?
also the bottom says its tempered glass does that usually mean the sides are not tempered or would it say it was? I have no idea who made the tank so im not sure how to tell if its tempereedc or not
Im going with innovative marine overflow btw
also I need ideas on what size sump to use and what size pipres and fitting will work with everything
in the sump I want enough area for skimmer and reactors and a nice size for a refugium
thanks guys!!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I got a new 52 gallon tank according to the dimensions of it its 48 inches long by like 21 by 12
Im wondering where i should put the overlof in it and whast size will fit this tank the best?
also the bottom says its tempered glass does that usually mean the sides are not tempered or would it say it was? I have no idea who made the tank so im not sure how to tell if its tempereedc or not
Im going with innovative marine overflow btw
also I need ideas on what size sump to use and what size pipres and fitting will work with everything
in the sump I want enough area for skimmer and reactors and a nice size for a refugium
thanks guys!!

If there is a sticker that simply says, "Tempered" or "Tempered glass" on the bottom panel it is usually indication that the whole aquarium is tempered. If it were me, I'd do a temper test before drilling.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think @Hemmdog know the trick if I remember correct to check temper. If not sorry about to summon Mr. dog:)

BornHandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a tank (75 gallon) from Petco, and was assured that the bottom was tempered, and nothing else. Even their website confirmed that the "bottom" was tempered, but said nothing about the rest of the glass. I drilled it, and shattered a brand new tank!

I called around and the only manufacturer I got to assure me that none of their tanks were tempered was glasscages. If you are near them, I would sell what you have, and order from them. I learned that lesson the hard way...

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 49 29.3%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 36 21.6%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 17 10.2%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 58 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back