54 x 3 watt led build

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mr.BAdams
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool I'm planning on taking the tank down on Jan. 5th. The fish will be ready for pick up that afternoon or Sunday the 6th. Unless we have another delay.
 
A resource I used for a DIY Scuba light LED upgrade mod was Deal Extreme. I bought several Cree LED modules from them. They also have drivers and other accessories. The downside is it ships on the slow boat from China. Check out dx.com for prices.
 
Ok, here's a updated drawing of the diy project.
ledbuild_zps5b98e77e.png
 
If I added the light wattage up right, It gives me a total of 470 Watts. It would have been 562 watts but, I'm not about to spend anymore money on a icecap 430 ballast
 
If I added the light wattage up right, It gives me a total of 470 Watts. It would have been 562 watts but, I'm not about to spend anymore money on a icecap 430 ballast

Especially since a certain Lexington business owner took mine!
 
running a single 60" 80 watt ATI T5 off a 2 x 54 watt ballast!

[video=youtube;_-hRlS6e1S0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-hRlS6e1S0&feature=youtu.be[/video]
 
Since I got some 60" T5's to run of the 1 or 2 x 54 watt ballast, it has inspired me to build a all in one ballast/power box. Its turning out awesome, I completed the T5 and the pc psu portion of it today, now I'm just waiting on the 3 led drivers.
 
What is the diminsions of the box holding your ballast and power supply.The reason for asking is I may be able find you a metal one.
 
im watching your build. and getting ideas lol. i'll post more once I get it all sorted out.
 
Wires, wires and more wires... I'm so tired of cutting and soldering wire! Good news is, I'm DONE:xd:


20130101_204644_zps094f7355.jpg
 
Good job. It looks like those are wired in series. What kind of power are you supplying them?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new