55/180 reef predator Pump delima..ANY ADVICE?

  • Thread starter Thread starter takt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

takt

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2012
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Location
FLORIDA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so here it goes, I currently have my 55 long reef tank which I have a fluval 305 canister that was a back up when my surge 6000 pump died after like 10 years i think the fluval is taking a crap soon I also have a 180 gal non drilled tank that im resealing Im kinda of over the headache Im debating selling the corals and fish from the 55 and setting up the 180 as a predator tank but my gf likes the reef tank and says we wont get the money back but after the years Id like to save some money now and want a lil more freedom and save the 55 before at crashes. hmmmm??
 
I would get a new filter or replace the parts that are going bad. I don't see a reason for the tank to crash. I have had many peaks and valleys with my 55 reef, but I can't see myself not having a tank without corals. If you have lost all interest of the 55, I would get rid of it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 26.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new