55 Days and I could do NOOOOO more so in to the DT they went!!!!

Dukereefnz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tangs were fighting, fish were getting tired looking.
Keeping 18 fish in QT tanks is hard work.

So I started adding the fish...
5 days so far and not a spot.....

How long will it take to show?

I have 3 mandarins in a small QT tank still... with live rock from DT with ICH - on day 60.... no copper or anything...
I did add a Brown tang to this tank for about 5 days due to tang warfare, now in a QT tank on his own after the other fish were put in to the DT.

My thoughts were if the Brown show spots then there is ICH in the tank with mandarins been 7 days now and brown is clear.
How long should I keep the brown tang in a QT on his own waiting to see if he has ICH?
If the brown tang does not have ICH then the brown and mandarins can go in to the DT.

My fingers, toes, ears, legs, eye are all crossed... but so far so good....!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone!!! and Jay!!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Tangs were fighting, fish were getting tired looking.
Keeping 18 fish in QT tanks is hard work.

So I started adding the fish...
5 days so far and not a spot.....

How long will it take to show?

I have 3 mandarins in a small QT tank still... with live rock from DT with ICH - on day 60.... no copper or anything...
I did add a Brown tang to this tank for about 5 days due to tang warfare, now in a QT tank on his own after the other fish were put in to the DT.

My thoughts were if the Brown show spots then there is ICH in the tank with mandarins been 7 days now and brown is clear.
How long should I keep the brown tang in a QT on his own waiting to see if he has ICH?
If the brown tang does not have ICH then the brown and mandarins can go in to the DT.

My fingers, toes, ears, legs, eye are all crossed... but so far so good....!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone!!! and Jay!!!
I did not see where you medicated tanks with any treatment but there is no clock as to when something will show up but continue to observe and best prevention you can do is to provide pristine water quality and proper diets. Foods like LRS fish frenzy, mysis shrimp, spirulina Brine shrimp, small plankton, Formula 2 frozen will work for tangs and other fish as well as TDO pellets.

OP
OP
Dukereefnz

Dukereefnz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The DT was empty for 55 days.
All fish were in CP for 30 days plus some... total 55 days lowering CP level with water changes.

Except mandarins - they have not been treated and are in separate QT tank now for 60 days....

My question - is - how long does it take for ICH to show up on the fish in DT if my fallow period was to fail?
How long does it take?

Day 5 with fish in DT.

Next question... I put a tang in with mandarins for a week... if there was ICH in the mandarin QT tank.. how long for it to show up on the brown tang that was in that QT tank for a week?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The DT was empty for 55 days.
All fish were in CP for 30 days plus some... total 55 days lowering CP level with water changes.

Except mandarins - they have not been treated and are in separate QT tank now for 60 days....

My question - is - how long does it take for ICH to show up on the fish in DT if my fallow period was to fail?
How long does it take?

Day 5 with fish in DT.

Next question... I put a tang in with mandarins for a week... if there was ICH in the mandarin QT tank.. how long for it to show up on the brown tang that was in that QT tank for a week?

The trouble is, ich can be present on fish, but missed by people visually, so it could be lurking in the DT and become more visible at any time, but generally less than 4 to 6 months in my experience.

If you put a fish into a tank with active ich, you usually see an infection in about 14 days.

Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 108 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back