55 Gallon Stocking Suggestions

RandomUser7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon everyone, I would like some suggestions as to how I should stock my tank.
Currently I'm caring for:
2 Ocellaris Clowns (One is about 3 inches and the other is half its size.)
1 Yellow Watchman Goby (He's a baby, probably less than an inch!)
1 Firefish (I think it's fully grown, it's the largest fish in the tank.)
1 Yellow Clown Goby (Also tiny, but I hear they don't get very big so I'm thinking it's fully grown.

I think there is enough space in the rock for more fish to have homes, currently the only cave dwelling fish is my YWG and my firefish has a hole he sleeps in at night. I was thinking about adding another Yellow Clown Goby too, are they good in pairs or should I avoid it? Aggression has never been a problem, my clowns barely even fight eachother. They were the first ones in the tank yet they're not very aggressive to the other fish at all. I'm open to any suggestions and I'm very curious to see what you all will recommend, thanks for any advice!

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 56 gallon tank and I also have a osellaris clownfish, a YWG, and a green goby. I also have a pajama cardinalfish and a cardinalfish could work good in your tank too. They tend to hover in the top third of the tank. There are different species of cardinalfish and they are generally a peaceful fish.
I also have a Coral Beauty dwarf angelfish. They are a beautiful fish but can pick at some coral and be destructive. I have had good luck with Coral Beauties behaving but mine is a wee bit feisty.
I have a neon cleaner goby that cleans parasites but also does fine on fish food.
Blennies are great fish and some of the combtooth species help graze on algae. I like midas, tailspot, bi color and barnacle blennies. So there are some considerations.

OP
OP
R

RandomUser7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 56 gallon tank and I also have a osellaris clownfish, a YWG, and a green goby. I also have a pajama cardinalfish and a cardinalfish could work good in your tank too. They tend to hover in the top third of the tank. There are different species of cardinalfish and they are generally a peaceful fish.
I also have a Coral Beauty dwarf angelfish. They are a beautiful fish but can pick at some coral and be destructive. I have had good luck with Coral Beauties behaving but mine is a wee bit feisty.
I have a neon cleaner goby that cleans parasites but also does fine on fish food.
Blennies are great fish and some of the combtooth species help graze on algae. I like midas, tailspot, bi color and barnacle blennies. So there are some considerations.
I'm strongly considering a neon cleaner goby, my LFS just got one in yesterday and I think they're amazing. That would bring me up to 5 gobies if you count the firefish lol. I'd also love a dwarf angel but I'm not sure if it's worth risking my LPS corals. From what I've heard coral beauties and flame angels are the least destructive but there's still no guarantee. Thanks for the insight.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are welcome. My tank is a tall and only 30" long. Yours is probably 4' long which is good for some fish. I just took a video if you want to see my fish in action?

Back