550g plywood reef

  • Thread starter Thread starter Encore
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Welcome to R2R, awesome tank:)
 


This work? Its a little older of a video. Im pulling my leds tomorrow to fix a couple that are dim and i have a couple strings out. The humidity are is easily the single worst thing to deal with i think.

Anyways ill take pics while i have everything going on and with any luck on sunday ill have the glass and everything clean and my led issue resolved for some pics.

I will make a new "build" thread soon and i ordered 2 streaming webcams that i will hopefully be able to set up next weekend

If the embed didnt work...


 
Welcome to Reef2Reef. I am in the middle of a plywood tank build. Nice to see another plywood aquarium owner.
 
Wow, awesome!!!
What are the tank dimensions?
The overflow looks cool too! What type of weir did you use if any?
 
Wow, awesome!!!
What are the tank dimensions?
The overflow looks cool too! What type of weir did you use if any?
The bottom is a 4x8 sheet of plywood.. its 32" tall. The overflow is a Coast-to-Coast and holds about 45 gallons of water. I have three 1.5 inch downpipes after that but one is still not hooked because I haven't put my algae scrubber back online
 
Yeah i kinda gave up on the local forums... i dont really need the for sales, id rather read opinions and peoples experiences and crap

Welcome; I'd really love some info on the construction process - ply thickness, adhesives used & screws etc, sealant.

And would love to see your algae scrubber.:)
 
Ill make a youtube of all of it after i clean up a little....

20161005_235138.jpg

Cool cat too! Looking for some fish treats? Lol
 
Welcome; I'd really love some info on the construction process - ply thickness, adhesives used & screws etc, sealant.

And would love to see your algae scrubber.:)
I have a bunch of tips id offer to plywood builders. Ill dig some pics up. A I doubled the 3/4 quarter plywood on the glass sides and ripped two by fours to Brad nail into the corners to keep the pressure off of the joints. Hopefully sunday i can catch up
 
20170304_194230.jpg

20170304_194334.jpg
 
Gotta scrub when you feed this daily?
 
Great looking.Welcome
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new