• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

55g Custom Reef Bar For Sale

wowatracy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The time has come to sell my reef bar so I can downsize to a smaller footprint tank. I built a 55g tank into a bar 15 years ago and freshly re-habbed the entire thing 1.5 years ago. All equipment besides tank and sump are new including chiller, RODI, battery backup, Aqua Auto Water Change full equipment list below and in the dropbox link.

Two 35g water towers for automated water changes plus 16g freshwater topoff tank make caring for the aquarium much easier. Over $7,600 currently in the system (equipment list in dropbox link). Asking $3,200 for entire package. Located in Los Angeles valley.

Video of bar:

More info and pics here:

Equipment list which price I paid:
$1,800 Bar Stand and 55g Aquarium + Sump
$180 Bar Stools
$100 SICCE SYNCRA SILENT 2.0 MULTIFUNCTION AQUARIUM PUMP (568 GPH)
$205 Protein Skimmer + $60 Auto Aqua Shutoff
$105 Bulk Reef Supply 200W TITANIUM AQUARIUM HEATER SYSTEM
$126 COBALT AQUATICS NEO-THERM 300 WATT AQUARIUM HEATER W/ LED DISPLAY
$38 Magnetic Heater Mount
$30 Powerhead in sump
$80 Dual Media Reactors + $40 Pump
$650 JBJ ARCTICA CHILLER 1/10 HP
$80 Auto Doser
$210 Auto Aqua Auto Water Changer
$382 Two 35g water towers
$70 Drain Hose
$100 16g Fresh water tank
$275 Bulk Reef Supply 6 STAGE DELUXE PLUS 75 GPD RO/DI SYSTEM
$238 MP10
$190 Vortech Battery Backup
$100 UV Filter
$240 Fluval Sea Marine 3.0 LED Light Fixture 48"
$150 Tubing, float valves, shutoff valves
$50 Screen Tops

= $5,500 in equipment

$125 50lbs live sand
$350 80+lbs live rock

Fish
$60 2 Banggai Cardinals Mating Pair
$50 2 Clown Fish Mated Pair
$35 Royal Gramma
$35 Orange Spot Diamond Goby
$70 Yellow Tang
$7 Green Chromis Damsel

$30 Cleaner Shrimp
$40 Red Shrimp
$20 Snails
$20 Crabs

= $842 in livestock, sand, rocks

Corals
$80 Zoas
$80 Frogspawn
$35 Green Bubble Tip Anemone
$85 Hammer
$75 Rock Flower Anemone
$30 Green Flower Pot (Goniopora)
$30 Pink Flower Pot (Goniopora)
$45 Candy Cane
$26 Green Star Polyps
$90 3 Orange Mushrooms
$30 Green Mushrooms
$20 Micro Lord
$48 Micro Lord
$20 Jokers Lord
$40 Scarface Blasto
$20 Grinchy Acan
$30 Hydnophora
$30 Blastos
$15 Favia
$35 Fox Coral

= $864 in Corals

$50 Alk Test Kit
$50 Phosphate Test Kit
$35 Magnesium Test Kit
$35 Refractometer
$40 Flipper Magnetic Cleaner
$33 Digital Thermometer
$22 Magnetic Frag Rack
$20 Power Bar
$25 Water Jugs
Many other misc.l items

= $400 in extras

$7,600 Grand Total

IMG_3251.JPG IMG_3241.jpg IMG_3249.JPG IMG_3255.JPG IMG_3257.JPG IMG_3260.JPG IMG_3772.JPG

FREAKINRICAN69

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow...Beautiful setup. I love the way you incorporated the build. I wish you were on the west coast i'd be all over it! GLWS and i hope and plan to do something like this in my new home going forward. Any insight or things i should be aware of building something like this?

OP
OP
wowatracy

wowatracy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow...Beautiful setup. I love the way you incorporated the build. I wish you were on the west coast i'd be all over it! GLWS and i hope and plan to do something like this in my new home going forward. Any insight or things i should be aware of building something like this?

Thanks, I am actually located on the west coast if you're interested. As far as insights go I originally built the bar with the hinge on the front of the tank. That meant I could only access it from the back which made it hard to see if I had to do any work inside. I've been much happier switching the hinge to the back side.

It's very tough to put the tank high enough to allow room for a sump underneath, lighting on top, and still be comfortable bar height. Originally my sump was under the tank so for many years I couldn't have a skimmer because there wasn't enough room. Once I moved the sump out from underneath it gave me more room to work.

The limited amount of room between the top of the tank and the bar top mean you can only use certain LED lighting strips. This is fine for me as the lighting I have is good enough for the corals I enjoy.

When framing the hole for the tank make sure you measure to where the top of the water line would be, not just where the top of the tank is. You can also choose if you want the bottom of framing at the top of the sand bed or at the bottom of the tank level.

FREAKINRICAN69

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks, I am actually located on the west coast if you're interested. As far as insights go I originally built the bar with the hinge on the front of the tank. That meant I could only access it from the back which made it hard to see if I had to do any work inside. I've been much happier switching the hinge to the back side.

It's very tough to put the tank high enough to allow room for a sump underneath, lighting on top, and still be comfortable bar height. Originally my sump was under the tank so for many years I couldn't have a skimmer because there wasn't enough room. Once I moved the sump out from underneath it gave me more room to work.

The limited amount of room between the top of the tank and the bar top mean you can only use certain LED lighting strips. This is fine for me as the lighting I have is good enough for the corals I enjoy.

When framing the hole for the tank make sure you measure to where the top of the water line would be, not just where the top of the tank is. You can also choose if you want the bottom of framing at the top of the sand bed or at the bottom of the tank level.
Gotcha...thanks for the insight on the build. I know your on the west coast. I meant to say i'm on the east coast! LOL

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back