55g progression

JavaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have introduced myself in the meet and greet portion of the forums. But a quick run down on me is I have played in the aquarium hobby for coming up on 8 years, all FW until about a month back now! My tank has done some funny things over the past 5 weeks, but neat to watch none the less, everything clicked about two days ago when all my nutrients leveled out and my nitrates started in production (phosphates seem to be another story as I am curing dry rock with live rock present ;) ).
I am still keeping an eye on the nutrient levels as the tank is still fairly young.

The tank itself is a 55g long, with a 20g sump attached, I started the cycle of rock and bio-filter with a HOBF, me being the impatient person I am...:rolleyes: (I knew it wouldn't be much of a hassle to add on a sump later down the road).
Fast forward a few days into the cycle I managed to finish up my sump and plumbing; I made the sump as spacious as I can and simple if you will, (I am a strong believer in hanging equipment!). Everything I have put equipment wise has been with a budget in mind.
Most if not all my equipment can be built and purchased from a hardware store, as I find personally that building the tank is more than half the fun for me IMHO.

I have stumped myself for the time being on what to add for this first post,:confused: but I will defiantly add some photos (my camera at the moment does not like the blue light on my tank) I am very sorry for the mess...
IMG_20170408_140004.jpg
IMG_20170408_140010.jpg
IMG_20170413_165424.jpg
IMG_20170414_092148(1).jpg
IMG_20170414_092212.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 46 85.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.6%
Back