55g sump for thin stand

  • Thread starter Thread starter J062682l
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

J062682l

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 13, 2013
Messages
890
Reaction score
6
Location
Connecticut,USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone seen a sump for a 55g wood stand. The one that comes with canopy. It's real thin like 11 inches Think I have to custom build a stand to fit in the doors and under the stand and still have room for skimmer
 
I mean custom build a sump,, kind if thinking if going glass and using 2 smaller tanks connected by flex pipe anyone ever seen a 2 tank sump?
 
In design mode. How many socks would I need for a 55 g
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1388542281.973431.jpg
it's a 2 part. One part filtration second refugium and outflow
 
Filled and has been running for years on a canister filter, I just feel since in getting more corals. I want better fiktration. And this design might be my only choice
 
Thought about a square sump in the side hidden in a cabinet. But my Inlaws don't like it. I have to keep it in the stand. Custom build I think
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new