120Gal Mixed

Polysarc

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2023
Messages
39
Reaction score
73
Location
My couch
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I've been lurking on and off for a while, finally made an account. I have a 55gal DT that's been up and running for almost two years now. It's had some ups and downs during the learning curve and took a hit about 6 months ago. It's doing well, on a strong mend, but just fought off a huge wave of cyano and the wave of bubble algae is finally showing signs of subsiding. Long story short, I lost a Chromis, found out more about their overall habits and tried to adjust, but it swung too far one way.

Once everything gains better stabilization and the next build is ready, I have a larger tank that everyone will be moving to.

I've finally got everything in check and automated so that I only really need to check my phosphates/nitrates and replenish various containers.


Once it all clears up I'll start moving everything through to the new tank.


Current Stocking
Fish:
2 oscilaris clownfish
1 twinspot goby
2 green chromis (more to come, but may be with the next build)
1 bristle tooth tang (little one is causing the next build )
1 six line wrasse

CUC:
1 flame scallop
10-15 hermit crabs
15-20 trochus snails
5-10 cerith snails
3 nassarius snails
1 turbo snail
2 tiger sand conches
2 emerald crabs
2 short spined urchins
1 cleaner shrimp


Dosing:
Alk
Cal
Mag
AB+ (Red Sea coral nutrition)
Food (fish eggs, mysis, rotifers, brine shrimp, cyclops, various other zooplankton)

(quick growth pics on garf bonsai over the last month)
More pics to come, hopefully a full shot when the glass gets cleaned off.

20230115_095755.jpg 20230211_113452.jpg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new