OP
OP
VitoOg

VitoOg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you drill the tank? Did you replace the back pane with white acrylic or something? I've always wanted to make a drilled nano (or pico) with a large sump but all the tanks i have looked at are moatly tempered glass upto 40g or so.
No i didn't replace the back i painted it, and the drilling part i just went for it, the tanks box usually tells you if it is tempered,and i got lucky it wasn't, turns out that tank glass is thicker than the dollar per gallon (5-20 gallon ones) but it cost more ofcourse, not that much is one of those petco aquariums...aaaahhh forgot the name xD .
But if the tank you're planning to drill is thicker than 1/4" i say go for it (with caution)...
Make sure to let us know if you decide to do so : ).

Mycota

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No i didn't replace the back i painted it, and the drilling part i just went for it, the tanks box usually tells you if it is tempered,and i got lucky it wasn't, turns out that tank glass is thicker than the dollar per gallon (5-20 gallon ones) but it cost more ofcourse, not that much is one of those petco aquariums...aaaahhh forgot the name xD .
But if the tank you're planning to drill is thicker than 1/4" i say go for it (with caution)...
Make sure to let us know if you decide to do so : ).
Thanks for the info. I got the itch to set up another tank. All i have is a 20g AIO nuvo fusion going now. Its nice but i really miss having a plumbed sump that isnt built in. Too limiting in the AIO. But im probably moving in a few months so i will have to wait it out. But i can still plan one out :)

OP
OP
VitoOg

VitoOg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess they like their new aquarium as much as i do
20181017_173059.jpg
20181017_173106.jpg

OP
OP
VitoOg

VitoOg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well had to move and took down my tanks due to lack of space but i will be back soon i hope...by the way the fish and corals are still alive here is a pic
20190409_190141.jpg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 19.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 126 75.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back