6 bulb T5 light fixture

brownsalt92

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 24, 2015
Messages
812
Reaction score
170
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a 6 bulb t5 light fixture last week online. I got it Monday and installed it today. I put bulbs in according to picture and it is very bright companies to the old power compacts. Their is 3 antiaks and 3 12000k whites. It currently has 2 12000k white and 1 antiaks for daytime and night is 2 antiaks and 1 12000k white.
Should I take it apart and do it so it's all white for daytime and all the antiaks for nighttime?
 
Agreed with above. Also because you went from mediocre light to the T5's, you might want to keep it at a smaller photoperiod at first and gradually increase so the system becomes acclimated to the increased PAR.

Don't be surprised if you get an algae bloom initially.
 
I had a 6 or 8 bulb ATI fixture over my last cube, and used a variety of bulbs, not just whites and actinics but blue and purple and I think one red. The light and color pop from T5's is absolutely fantastic! You're going to love it.
 
Sweet thanks but should return just leave it at the 3 blue and 3 white
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new