• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

6 head torch, Dendro colony, and more

OP
OP
Sashaka

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the hammers if still available... do you have more pics please
Yes, the hammer is still available. I got home too late for pics tonight. It's 9:pm and light are out. I'll try to get home earlier tomorrow to take more pics and get my hand wet so you can judge size.

OP
OP
Sashaka

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long did it take you to grow that dendro like that?

I had to go back to my records to check. I bought the coral from Cherry Corals in April 2013. I thought I had paid $50. for it but my records indicated that I had actually paid $80. for one head. The coral took about two or three years to get into a ball size. It has really not grown any larger in diameter, but it continues to produce new heads and get more compact as the heads crowd each other out for space. I spot feed every day with a saltwater mixture I make myself, so it eats well. The coral would probably benefit from fragging so the heads had more room to grow and/or open up more fully, but I do not own the equipment to frag the coral.

FREAKINRICAN69

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had to go back to my records to check. I bought the coral from Cherry Corals in April 2013. I thought I had paid $50. for it but my records indicated that I had actually paid $80. for one head. The coral took about two or three years to get into a ball size. It has really not grown any larger in diameter, but it continues to produce new heads and get more compact as the heads crowd each other out for space. I spot feed every day with a saltwater mixture I make myself, so it eats well. The coral would probably benefit from fragging so the heads had more room to grow and/or open up more fully, but I do not own the equipment to frag the coral.
Well noted i hear ya. I responded to your pm hmu whenever you can thanks again.

OP
OP
Sashaka

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Torch and hammer sale pending.

OP
OP
Sashaka

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sales are pending for some corals, but there were requests for more picture -so here they are. I tried to make the dendro mad so people could try to count heads. It did close but would not close completely.

20190430_073538.jpg

20190430_073732.jpg

20190430_073209.jpg

20190430_072939.jpg

OP
OP
Sashaka

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, all, for the interest in the dendro colony! This coral does really well for me. I kept one large colony (my avatar), so I'll try to frag a few pieces and grow them out for resale.

Update:
Dendro sale pending-waiting on heat packs to come in
Torch and hammer sale pending-waiting on heat packs to come in

Large Toadstool with baby still available. See pictures posted earlier. I believe it is Sarcophyton sp., but I won't guarantee the species. I'm not a coral expert, but it looks like that species to me. (Live Aquaria sells this coral for $39.99 Approximate Purchase Size: Small: 3/4" to 1-1/2": https://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=597+1464+6816&pcatid=6816

This coral is gigantic compared to the size LA is selling it for. No interest?

FREAKINRICAN69

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you, all, for the interest in the dendro colony! This coral does really well for me. I kept one large colony (my avatar), so I'll try to frag a few pieces and grow them out for resale.

Update:
Dendro sale pending-waiting on heat packs to come in
Torch and hammer sale pending-waiting on heat packs to come in

Large Toadstool with baby still available. See pictures posted earlier. I believe it is Sarcophyton sp., but I won't guarantee the species. I'm not a coral expert, but it looks like that species to me. (Live Aquaria sells this coral for $39.99 Approximate Purchase Size: Small: 3/4" to 1-1/2": https://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=597+1464+6816&pcatid=6816

This coral is gigantic compared to the size LA is selling it for. No interest?
HMU when you have some more dendro's or hammers. i missed out on those two :(

OP
OP
Sashaka

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Torch and hammer sold to BIGGUN! :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back