60" 8X80w TEK vs ATI

MattinIdaho

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
129
Reaction score
2
Location
Teton, Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to be upgrading my lights on my 6'x2'x2' mixed reef shortly. My eyes still prefer T5's to anything available so I will be going that route. I have pretty much narrowed it down to a 60" 8x80w fixture from TEK or ATI. The ATI runs about $200 more. Anybody have experience with either? Are the ATI's worth the extra $?
 
I'm curious to see if anyone has anything on this. I own an 8 bulb regular tek fixture and have a used ATI Sunpower for my frag tank. As far as I can tell, the fans are the only difference. The rest of it is looks in my opinion. My tek fixture is great and I would not hesitate to buy another one. I also like that you can use legs on a tek fixture where the ATIs are designed only to be hung. I am still setting up the ATI so I only have experience from testing the fixture and not running it for a long period.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new