60 Breeder AIO diy

Bejj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000058928.jpg

What's up fellow Reefers!! First post here and excited to get involved in the community!

Looking for feedback, ideas and discussion on my upcoming 60g breeder AIO project.

Been working on different designs and pretty sure I'm settling on this idea. What do you all think?

Can anyone share their custom AIO project with me and anything that may not have worked out how you thought it would?

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000058928.jpg

What's up fellow Reefers!! First post here and excited to get involved in the community!

Looking for feedback, ideas and discussion on my upcoming 60g breeder AIO project.

Been working on different designs and pretty sure I'm settling on this idea. What do you all think?

Can anyone share their custom AIO project with me and anything that may not have worked out how you thought it would?
Welcome. This looks like an interesting project.
I just had a custom acrylic AIO tank made, following to see how yours turns out.
Is that Redmond WA?

OP
OP
B

Bejj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. This looks like an interesting project.
I just had a custom acrylic AIO tank made, following to see how yours turns out.
Is that Redmond WA?
Thanks! Yes, WA. Cool, I'm picking up the tank and ordering the cut plastics, black silicon, pump etc. tomorrow so should be starting the build thread when it's all delivered in a couple weeks.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Yes, WA. Cool, I'm picking up the tank and ordering the cut plastics, black silicon, pump etc. tomorrow so should be starting the build thread when it's all delivered in a couple weeks.
Cool, post lots of pictures. How wide is the AIO section going to be. I have a 20long with a peninsula aio section that is 5" deep which makes doing anything in the back much easier. Also good for skimmer selection options. Nothing worse than an AIO section that's too small. The back section of my new custom aio is 46.5" long x 8" wide. It's a monster.

OP
OP
B

Bejj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine will be 5" deep as well and 48.5" long.

I'll have 5" × 7" x 16" space for skimmer, still havent made solid decision which but was last looking at the Aqua Maxx.

I'm interested to see how my refugium area will work out, 5x8x12 space where I will have a couple inches of sand and rubble with 1/8 or 1/4 inch holes to hopefully allow some, but not to much, flow through and also allow for pods to move between the fuge and main display.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine will be 5" deep as well and 48.5" long.

I'll have 5" × 7" x 16" space for skimmer, still havent made solid decision which but was last looking at the Aqua Maxx.

I'm interested to see how my refugium area will work out, 5x8x12 space where I will have a couple inches of sand and rubble with 1/8 or 1/4 inch holes to hopefully allow some, but not to much, flow through and also allow for pods to move between the fuge and main display.
5” is about the most you could go in a breeder, it’s about 18.5” deep right?
Which Aquamaxx Skimmer?

OP
OP
B

Bejj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5” is about the most you could go in a breeder, it’s about 18.5” deep right?
Which Aquamaxx Skimmer?
Yes 18.5.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes 18.5.

Any updates?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 56.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.0%
Back