60 cube Mixed Reef

Reef_Collector28

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2016
Messages
87
Reaction score
33
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up guys, here's my old 60 gallon cube by marineland. Had for about 2 1/2 years running. I moved recently and the move went as bad as it could and I lost about 80% of my corals including the big coral colonies I grew from tiny frags. Fish survived and about 40 frags survived and now I just downgraded to a 29g biocube. Will post the biocube later on, it's about 2 weeks old at this point.
IMG_1481300918.627133.jpg
IMG_1481300931.977614.jpg
IMG_1481300950.763135.jpg
IMG_1481300998.015069.jpg
IMG_1481301010.643789.jpg
IMG_1481301045.428373.jpg
 
This was never my "for ever" tank so I wanted to keep it as simple as possible. I ran a,
deep blue return pump,
eshopps PSK-150 skimmer,
4 inch filter socks,
two little fishes 150 reactor with Carbon,
AI hydra 52
Cobalt neotherm.

This tank ran itself, had about 75 pounds of sand in the display and about 5 pounds in the refugium. In between that and seachem denitrate bags that I had in my last chamber kept nitrates low.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new