60 gal deep blue cure for quarantine blues!!!!

Barrett

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2017
Messages
960
Reaction score
1,070
Location
Urbandale, Iowa
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I am currently setting up a 60 gallon Deep Blue rimless frag tank as a sps dominated shallow reef. I have had some good quality 15 yr old shelf rock brewing in a brute can for about 2 yrs now and realized I have enough stuff laying around to build an entire setup.

Here is my equipment list so far:

60 gal deep blue frag tank 48x24x12

Trigger systems sapphire 26 sump

20 long that I will use as a Fuge

Simplicity 240 dc skimmer

Jaebo dcp 5000 return pump

2 x Maxspec Gyre 230’s

TEK lights 48” 8 bulb T5

Reef Breeders ATO

300 watt BRS titanium heater and BRS heater controller

20 long that will be used as a ATO reservoir

I’m sure I have more that I am forgetting about but will update as things progress.

And now for what everyone really wants to see
Pictures:

I am in the process of building the stand since I suddenly find myself with a lot of extra time on my hands and the extreme need to social distance myself from my 10 yr old son and 8 yr old daughter who now do all there schooling online since the schools are all closed. Just joking kind of. I have actually been teaching them how to build the stand and letting them do as much as they can.

0315D7E7-C6F1-4D90-A073-CB120222EDC9.jpeg
C2CCC6CB-6381-4DBB-B5EA-6A730B65CF9F.jpeg
11F49EE1-3D89-4024-84FB-925DCAB32EF5.jpeg
CBA9CE09-DA78-458B-84C1-2BD2E78E2B5E.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Gravity drain from fuge to sump I'm assuming? Liking the build so far!
 
Gravity drain from fuge to sump I'm assuming? Liking the build so far!
Thanks, it has been a fun build so far, yes it will be a gravity drain from the Fuge to the sump, I will start the plumbing soon. I am hoping I have enough plumbing parts laying around. Eventually I will plumb the Red Sea Max S-500 into this system.
 
I like the progress so far! Have you thought of possibly having a show refugium that drains directly into the tank? You could set it up with the extra space on the right hand side of the tank.
 
I like the progress so far! Have you thought of possibly having a show refugium that drains directly into the tank? You could set it up with the extra space on the right hand side of the tank.
Thank you, I thought about that but really want to use that area for testing and one day fraging.
 
A little behind on pictures, I added a floor and top for the shelf.

9E328136-04B0-4886-958D-73C460535B88.jpeg
 
Currently in the process of painting the bottom of the tank and the back and bottom of the sump. I will be using a vinyl wrap for the back so my flipper will slide over the back without peeling the black background off.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new