60 gallon sump

Jathames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 60 gallon tank and want to turn it into a sump/refugium. I’m a contractor and have the tools and can get the baffles for 4 bucks a piece. I need dimension and design. Like now lol of course. Please advise. My show tank is a 55 tall. I figure go big or go home. I also have other questions but I need a simple design using a 60 gallon tank that will work. I need something I can give to my glass guy. Please help.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a look at the plethora of commercial sumps available, do your research on their pros and cons, make a plan based on what you need for the equipment you will be installing, and since you have the tools, a tape measure is key! Be aware of the sump water levels and baffle height, particularly when the power goes out so there is no overflow out of the sump. That can only be determined based on the return pump you will be using and the size of your drain to the sump. I would recommend the installation of adjustable baffles if possible or be prepared to cut and re-silicone.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There really is no one size and dimentions are best here. Your needs with the sump will determine your dimentions.

There are a lot of commercially available sumps to draw inspiration from. Find what looks and works best for you.

I know this isn't the answer you need right now, but rushing in this hobby never ends well.

OP
OP
Jathames

Jathames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 60 gallon tank and want to turn it into a sump/refugium. I’m a contractor and have the tools and can get the baffles for 4 bucks a piece. I need dimension and design. Like now lol of course. Please advise. My show tank is a 55 tall. I figure go big or go home. I also have other questions but I need a simple design using a 60 gallon tank that will work. I need something I can give to my glass guy. Please help.
I simply need an efficient design for a 40 breeder that will be simple and effective with exact measurements.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back