Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Chinook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 6055 powehead that for some reason went from being able to work on 24v down to only 20v now as of today seems to only be able to operate on 18v, does anyone know what may be the problem? New impellor needed?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possibly just dirty? Try removing the propeller, soaking the motor and propeller in 50/50 vinegar and water for about 4 hours, we want to get it to where there are no white lime scale deposits anywhere on either part. Most commonly this is caused by the power supply only being able to supply 30W, at full power when perfectly clean a 6055 needs 18W, but that edges up as it becomes seized by calcium deposits and as you near 30W the power supply starts to overheat and shut down, if you drop the voltage you drop the wattage.

Orangutran

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just piggy backing on this thread... can @rvitko tell me what the dimensions of the 6055 are? Everything I find on the internet just states a diameter of 2.7". What's the overall length of the wet side when you add the mount and output nozzle? Looking to use this in a 29gal, and can't have it stick out/into the tank too much. Thanks so much!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back