6095 Housing on 6055

  • Thread starter Thread starter Midrats
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 16, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
2,239
Location
Madison
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! I have two 6055s on a 30x24x16 tank. The problem I have is that even quite coarse sand gets blown around. I was thinking that if I switched the housing to the 6095, the wider flow would be gentler on the sand. I don't really need the reach of the more focused flow of the 6055. If I proceed, will it work better if I use the 6095 propeller too?
 
For what you want to do, I would only change the housing, changing the propeller will make the pump stonger, almost equal to a 6095, so this might return the issue of the sand blowing around.
 
Cool, thanks, I'll start with the housing and maybe down the road when the acros fill in I'll up the flow with the props
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new