60x36x27 tank lighting options

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ocelaris
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Well, the Sunpower is only a 6 bulb fixture, so at 13", maybe I could get 20-24" coverage with it, but that leaves another 12", so it would be all T5 in the back and all LED in the front. So I was hoping to get a little bit of both worlds and blend. But I'm just not sure how well the fixtures would blend if I picked up 3x a360we over 36"? I'm thinking the Kessils at best would give a 18" coverage, which would overlap in the middle.
Ah, didn't notice how deep your tank was. According to the BRS tests the Kessils do a pretty good job at overlapping when spaced at 18". That combined with the 6 T5s should give decent coverage. FWIW the Aquatic life fixture with 4 bulbs and 2 360s provided a ton of PAR on a standard 48" x 24" tank. You could always try the kessils alone and add the hybrid fixture later if needed.
 
holy cow, that's a ton of light... is that a 250DD? or 300DD? The wife had a heart attack with proposed plan A, so I'm now shooting for something in the middle.
It’s a 300dd
 
I ended up getting an aquatic life 60" fixture and I'm going to start with two kessil 360we from my friend and maybe add a third. I'll keep the existing 60x8 sunpower fixture and may replace it with a matching aquatic life. Thanks everyone for the input.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new