60x36x27 tank lighting options

OriginalUserName

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the Sunpower is only a 6 bulb fixture, so at 13", maybe I could get 20-24" coverage with it, but that leaves another 12", so it would be all T5 in the back and all LED in the front. So I was hoping to get a little bit of both worlds and blend. But I'm just not sure how well the fixtures would blend if I picked up 3x a360we over 36"? I'm thinking the Kessils at best would give a 18" coverage, which would overlap in the middle.
Ah, didn't notice how deep your tank was. According to the BRS tests the Kessils do a pretty good job at overlapping when spaced at 18". That combined with the 6 T5s should give decent coverage. FWIW the Aquatic life fixture with 4 bulbs and 2 360s provided a ton of PAR on a standard 48" x 24" tank. You could always try the kessils alone and add the hybrid fixture later if needed.

OP
OP
Ocelaris

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up getting an aquatic life 60" fixture and I'm going to start with two kessil 360we from my friend and maybe add a third. I'll keep the existing 60x8 sunpower fixture and may replace it with a matching aquatic life. Thanks everyone for the input.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back