65 g Craig's List Build

added some more pieces of rock and a Tonga branch from my other tank. Not quite happy with the placement of everything yet, but I'm just concentrating on getting everything moved over at this point in preparation for my dual WP10s.

2014-02-28 20.09.48.jpg
 
alk at 9 dkh and calc at 380 ppm. A bit more in line now but I am pretty sure the culprit is the Instant Ocean purple box salt mix I am using. I'll keep dosing calc until its up to 420+, but the LFS store suggested I switch to Instant Ocean Reef Crystals at a minimum, or Omega Sea Reef Salt.
 
Alk stable between 9-10 dkh, and I got my calcium up to 420 ppm using bionic 2 part, but I am going through almost a milliliter per gallon, per day to maintain that. Seems like a lot. Any thoughts or suggestions on another product to use for maintaining calcium?

Also, here's a livestock update.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg


And I finally got the trim up.
image.jpg
 
Added some sps.

image.jpg
 
Last edited:
Not really. I think I'm having a flow problem causing turf algae to grow in some spots. I use seachem purigen so I've been able to keep my nitrates between 10-20 pretty regularly.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new