65 Gallon New Build

BARNAKEWLZ

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 3, 2016
Messages
605
Reaction score
574
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And now is the time.
I have a new 65 Gallon tank being delivered during these interesting time.
The tank will start out will new rock and sand. for this I plan on giving it a long cycle.
The couple of question I have are:
Do I run the skimmer during the cycling/curing process?
Do I seed the tank with live rock from my nano? will this even make an impact?
Should I Use a bio starter to start the cycle?
What is a recommended return pump for this size?
At the moment I have a a160 sitting around so I think I wool be starting the tank with it.
 
Sounds exciting! Transferring live rock from your current tank could help speed up the cycle. However, if you have any pests in that tank it could transfer them to the new tank. I used Dr. Tim's one and only for my current tank and had no issues. I don't think the skimmer is necessary during the cycle.
 
I would watch the BRS video on setting up / cycling a tank. It will give you some ideas on which route you want to go. ;)
 
And the tank has arrived. I will be doing updates on the build. First project will be reinforce the stand.

73E24A92-4460-4C00-B646-4047D97BA4E1.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new