65 gallon rimless cube

bruno21447

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2011
Messages
248
Reaction score
18
Location
layton,ut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So looking for help and hints with plumbing by 65g cube. My last few tanks I have gotten lucky with not having to do to much myself to get them up and running. I just want to make sure I am doing everything right. So I’m going to be using a vectra s2. The holes are 3/4” there are two of them. I was going to do the drain and return at 1”. I was going through the stuff the guy that had it before me used 2” on the drain and 1” On return. What would you think would be best? As I go I might have to ask for more help. Thanks
 
Bigger on the drain since it’s gravity fed. Return is pressurized so more flow per diameter.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new