65 Gallon Tear Down and Rebuild

Finally got around to cleaning out the overflow in the main tank.

Vermatid Snails anyone? There have to be hundreds close to thousand right here.

Just another reason the tank got a start over. Now that I know I can keep them in check. Thankfully I never noticed any problems with them affecting the corals.
5398389f08c3e7d0509314997aa48a70.jpg
 
The table has been painted and the surrounding floor and area has been cleaned properly.
Shelves and remaining equipment have been removed. It took longer than expected but its done.


I got sucked into looking for a replacement option for my Digital Aquatics Reefkeeper temperature probe. I was hoping that the APEX probe would work in the SLX module, but it doesn't look like thats an option. So I will be purchasing an APEX EL. I was torn between that and an APEX JR but decided that the JR being discontinued eventually is problematic for me. So Ill be diving into the APEX world in a few months. Im excited but dont like the price point. Its a little steep for me, but necessary in the end.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new