65g Stocking

  • Thread starter Thread starter tgee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tgee

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 11, 2015
Messages
95
Reaction score
41
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for suggestions of fish to add to my 65 gallon (36L x 22H x 22.6W). I'd like to get 2 fish that spend most of the time swimming around and not hiding in rocks. Also, preferably something with some red and/or green colors if possible.

The tank is only about 3 months old, but with TBS sand and rock. Only LPS for now but eventually may have a few SPS.

Current occupants: 2 Orange Storm clowns, 1 Royal Gramma, 1 Coral Beauty (all of these are young fish). Plus 1 peppermint shrimp, 2 tiger conchs, a bunch of blue leg hermits, and a bunch of nassarius, cerith, etc snails.

A longnose hawkfish might be fun, but not much of a swimmer and maybe not so good for the shrimp.

I'm not a big fan of banggai cardinalfish.

Think of adding a Springeri Damsel, but would still like more color options.

Any suggestions?
 
I have a bartletts anthias that I love. He stays out in the open. This is what is in my 65:
2 clowns
6-line wrasse
one-spot foxface
lawnmower Blenny (great fish one of my favorites)
3 blue-green chromis
Bartletts anthias
and a little odd ball molly
 
If you are willing to risk your clean up crew I would suggest a melanurus Wrasse. They are red and green, so it would meet your color request perfectly. While I have not seen mine eating any of my cuc, it doesn't mean it isn't happening.
 
A flame hawkish would add colour and character. Not sure how it would go with your shrimp though. It would go well with your coral beauty and clownfish.
 
A bicolour blenny might also do well. A pair or trio of yellow assessors would look good too.
 
Thanks for the suggestions. I think the real answer is "I need a bigger tank" for more fish options, but that ain't gonna happen anytime soon.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new