675 gallon glass display / 1,100 + gallon system in LA

Kinggeorge818

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

I've been out of the hobby for almost 2 years now, I moved to a new house and had to take down my old tank.

About a year ago I wasn't even sure I wanted to come back to the hobby but some friends from my local reef club (O2manyfish, Chefzilla, Josh, and Jeff A.) kept encouraging me to come back and here I am now...coming back for more punishment!
headwally.gif

I have built up the tank so far with a remote fish room...the tank is approximately 1 month from going online so I've got a lot pictures to share!
beerchug.gif

I have done some of the work myself (I own a construction company) and I also had help from Dave B. In planning as well as Julian G. from Aquarium City.
Aquarium City has been doing a lot of the physical work such as plumbing & lighting.

I wanted feedback from you guys as to how to wrap up the project and general remarks are always welcome.
fish.gif
fish.gif

Pictures to come as soon as I get on tappa talk...

OP
OP
Kinggeorge818

Kinggeorge818

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank dimensions are 9ft x 4ft x 2.5ft

It's a glass tank made by AGE 3/4" thick with white powder coated metal bracing. We had Reed Savy build a really cool ghost overflow so it wouldn't take space from the tank!

jrwoltman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5176701d9dd66f8312e63fdbfc5f9bfd.jpg

This is the remote fish room, it's approximately 7' x 11'. I insulated the walls with our 13 insulation, then I put plywood over that so I have backing anywhere I needed it, then we installed tile from floor to ceiling so that it would be humidity proof.
The Taj Mahal fish room. I love it!

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.1%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back