450 Gallons, My Peninsula build.

Interesting shots in March of 2022. During this time I had a few of my chalices do some strange things.

IMG_2434.jpeg


IMG_2425.jpeg


IMG_2424.jpeg


IMG_2423.jpeg
 
Aquariums are always and adventure. one is always striving for color, growth and that perfect piece. Sometimes when we have not wiped the glass in a minute we say great things or others just a disaster.
The aquarium is just cruising along at this point and trying to keep things stable. dyne life and I just have accepted it. always trying to fine that balance to see it truly gone.
Hell after wiping the glass we have discovered another spawning event. The Aussie gold torches have done it again. As I am not a scientist nor a marine biologist this has been an instructing discussion with many that I have talked about this. Some think this is a lunar cycle thing. Others say it is because my tank does get some natural sunlight. One has said there are male and female torches and I have the right balance... what the heck.lol. I will say that the torches I have are fat and not skinny. So some has said it could be a different species even. I have no idea at the end of the day but I do think lower flow may make it easier as I have had some dirty gyres for a minute or two.
here are some great blurry photos of my second spawn in the aquarium. Cool beans it is.

IMG_2470.jpeg


IMG_2471.jpeg


IMG_2472.jpeg
 
Richard your tank is looking great, keep it up. I am starting from scratch again, long story. I actually just today resurrected my original build thread.
 
Richard your tank is looking great, keep it up. I am starting from scratch again, long story. I actually just today resurrected my original build thread.
Thank you Ivan.
I am just trying to get my build up to date. The aquarium is doing great right now I just need to keep this thread going with more photos and such.
 
I thought I would try to do a little bit of some updates tonight as I am so ever due on getting this up to date. I am truly a better lurker then an active one here. I wish I could put more time on this at time but it hard. I do always enjoy this as my pictures this eve are from late 2022 and my corals have grown so much since then. here are some pictures

IMG_2757.jpeg
 
Hello all. Sorry no updates on my build thread as I have been a little busy to say the least. The aquarium is still doing well. All is well and the corals are filling in.
Here is a video from the guys at Top Shelf Aquatics made of my aquarium a few months back. Blain and Frank very greatful for you guys to go the distance to see my aquarium as you guys drove the distance to film some of these
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new