7.5 gallon zoanthid garden

cje0114

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 30, 2014
Messages
15
Reaction score
15
Location
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://imageshack.com/i/pnk5L312j



Hey, long time lurker, first time posting.

Here is my latest tank I'm working on... It is a deep blue 7.5 gallon 12 inch cube with a 5.5 gallon sump.

This is going to be a zoanthid dominant tank with a couple lps.

I'll update this thread as the tank matures.

Thanks for looking!

Chris
pnk5L312j][IMG]http:


IMG_20160224_182939_901-01-1600x1200.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Some specs,

The tank is currently around 4 months old. Live rock and sand used from another tank.

Lighting is an Ai prime.

Sump is a simple 5.5 gallon with a diy filter sock holder and no baffles. It has a phosban reactor running carbon and purigen. 100 watt heater and dual float switches for the auto top off.

There is about 6 pounds of live rock.

I perform anywhere from 1 to 5 gallon water changes per week.
 
Yeah.. It took a lot of tinkering but this is where I finally settled and haven't messed with it since. The first and last 2 hours are just a small ramp up of the blues, uv and violet. It kinda reminds me of when I used to run just actinics in the morning and night on other tanks. I only run my full schedule for three hours total and the zoanthids seem to love it.
 
Sweet, I'm kind of close to what your running now but not entirely satisfied yet.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new