7.5g deep blue cube filtration recomendations

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wiz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 1, 2014
Messages
4,317
Reaction score
2,639
Location
Allenstown nh
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys, just picked up a seven and a half gallon deep blue cube with a single t5 bulbs and led moonlights. couldn't resist since it was only $10 2 weeks old. it was used for a beta. I was thinking a nano on my night table. so I started to think about using a skimmer and if they made one small enough. Or if I would even need one. What would you guys use for filtering a little tank like this?
 
I have one running, I use the smallest marineland biowheel filter with the wheel removed. I have a bog of carbon and gfo inside the filter.
 
I have one running, I use the smallest marineland biowheel filter with the wheel removed. I have a bog of carbon and gfo inside the filter.
how long has it been running? Why pull the bio wheel? Water quality is good? and finally no need for a skimmer?
 
Sorry, I should have been more specific with info.

The wheels usually just impede water flow and bio-filtration is handled by the live rock. I set the tank up around January.

Water quality is great, I feed NLS pellets once a day and spot feed LRS reef frenzy. I have a Flame Prawn Goby, Gold Flake Clown (very young), Purple firefish, and a Randall's Pistol shrimp. I water change 2 gallons bu-weekly. All this and my nitrates are 1-2ppm but phosphate is a bit high, I'm not sure the exact number since I ran out of Hanna reagent, but since there is a bit of hair algae present, it doesn't' take a rocket scientist to know there must be phos for algae.
 
Thx. So no skimming. Hmmm that should be cheaper. Lol
 
No, I think all "nano" skimmers are way inefficient and a total waste of money.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new