OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I’m sad to say my little clown didn’t make it. Ugh I cried. He hurt himself when he went into the tank and succumbed to his injuries. It makes me sad. But Mike for Quaratinedfish.us is amazing! Even though we know for sure the injure happened once in the tank he has offered a refund or a replacement. I’m truly blessed to have the pleasure of dealing with such an awesome man!
My wrasse still hasn’t shown his pretty yellow face. But my tang is still zooming around in and out of the rock work. He even stays out for a bit but as soon as he sees me BAM he slips back behind the rocks. Hopefully in a few days he becomes a little less shy. I also hope he decides to eat. I’m sure he is still just getting comfy. He has only been in there for less than two days

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took my boyfriend over 24hrs to notice the tang lol. When he did I heard him from the other room. “Wait what’s this? Where did this large fish come from” hehehehehe he likes the tang. He is calling him Flaming Mo lol . At first I didn’t tell him there is a third new addition to the tank, but then I did and showed him pictures. He is very happy I added some pretty fish and was very sympathetic to me losing my little clown. That was the third male since the start. The first one I’m not sure what happened other than a large hermit got the little guy ( he was fine in the morning active ate well and then that after noon he was being munched on my a hermit) those hermits were quickly evicted. My larger tank now contains a few very small hermits. The second clown passed due to an internal parasite.
I have bad luck with male clowns.

may female clown on the other hand is fat and happy. My mandarin is happily pecking at rocks.

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooooo
Yellow wrasse was out and about when I came home.
got him to eat a few bites and saw my tang eat a bite of nori!
0D9BD11E-4035-4979-9E7B-9C7CE11725EB.jpeg
82B6D83B-2CC6-463F-B136-BC29715E606B.jpeg

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so my plan for thanksgiving.

starts with tonight.
After work I will be going home and mixing 15 gallons of salt water. Followed by a trip to the LFS to replenish my ro water. Then have to stop by the local Asian mart for tang food.

I think tonight I’m going to frag a few more zoas. And grab some good pictures of my current frags so I can start selling things!

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha just saw my wrasse go to bed. Flippin’ awesome! And early again watched my tang peck at the rocks. Wish he eat a little more. Like some of the nori I put out for him. Or wish he would eat when I feed the other fish. Saw a flame fin like mine at the LFS and he wasn’t shy. I know, I know, it takes time.

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I did see Flaming Mo eat some frozen food that got close to him. Woohoo. And then I watched him go to town of algae on the back wall. That was oddly satisfying. He still refuses to swim in the front of the tank. Maybe because all the foods back there. Idk but atleast he lets me watch. My kitties keep trying to catch him. Which is hilarious.

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
even better;):)
You and @footgal want a piece of it!
It’s had a rough go in my tank we will have to see what it looks like next spring. I know my local LFS will frag it for me for a price or a piece. Which I may do. If it all works out y’all will be the first to know!

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You and @footgal want a piece of it!
It’s had a rough go in my tank we will have to see what it looks like next spring. I know my local LFS will frag it for me for a price or a piece. Which I may do. If it all works out y’all will be the first to know!
Thanks!! I love it!

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sunny D is nice and fat! Beautiful polyp! I’m a sucker for the big ones :)
Me too now even more so! I love my Pandora’s I can’t wait till those sunny ds really get going and develop more polyps!

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though my tang refuses to use anything but the back of the tank I am so happy I bought him. He is definitely a fish with a purpose. I watch him graze constantly on the algae on the back wall and sometimes on my rocks. He refuses to touch the nori I add. Though I need watch him gobble up some frozen foods I stuck in the tank when they floated his way!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back