70 Gal - Trident system LaZboy mixed reef startup

SPSlover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(Disclaimer: First post so if I did it totally wrong … OOPs)

Welp, I'm about 7 months in and have so far chosen the most invasive species of corals ... GSP has covered one whole rock but now seems to be keeping to it. No skimmer, No filter sock, just Chaeto and OGO in the sump rocking it out. Still working on the point of sale a bit with the GFO and Refugium. Had a small Cyano bloom right in the top middle but its starting to dissipate on its own with the increased efficiency in the Refugium. I have had water stability issues since the beginning but now everything is really starting to plane out. Thank goodness and im finally getting a break from the grind. Ive strived to automate everything i can and stick to about 10-15% water changes per week (10 gallons) according to ICP. Of course I'm not totally stuck in my ways and im still an amateur so if you see a trainwreck in progress please call me out lol.

New ICP tests are coming in this week so we get to see the success and failures of my chemistry.

Oh yeah and pictures are terrible holding a blue blocker glasses up to my phone to take them lolol. Better pics to come.

Gear: 66 gal DT, 20 gal Ref, Kessil A360X, Apex EL, ATK, Trident core7 4 part DOS, GFO, 1/10 JBJ Chiller, MP10,40,60,

Livestock: Maroon Clown, Kole tang, Hawkfish, snails, GSP (overgrown i know), Cat claw Stylo, Coral Elegance, candy canes, Xenia (another fun one)

IMG_0023.JPG

IMG_0031.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0032.JPG
IMG_0031.JPG

OP
OP
SPSlover

SPSlover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really want to change the rock to a lower profile table top formation. Not sure if that will be possible without crashing it.

OP
OP
SPSlover

SPSlover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started organizing cords today... What a mess I have been rearranging things and actually need to turn the entire sump around but one thing at a time. lol
IMG_0037.JPG

IMG_0038.JPG

OP
OP
SPSlover

SPSlover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set up the Trident, used the setup module on the apex and followed it to a "T". I dont know how it would be easier unless you didnt have to open the box. Works great initial readings are really close to my tanks "norm".

OP
OP
SPSlover

SPSlover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well with time it seems to take time... answered my own question. I also up'd the testing to 8 a day to help it dial in faster and that worked. I will lower it back to 4 in a few days.

RL6723

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well with time it seems to take time... answered my own question. I also up'd the testing to 8 a day to help it dial in faster and that worked. I will lower it back to 4 in a few days.
Yea at first the reading seemed to be high, i did the same thing and sampled 8 a day for about a week and the readings began to fall in line. I havent set it up to control DOS yet, but ive read that you should let the Trident stabilize on the system for a bit before allowing DOS control

OP
OP
SPSlover

SPSlover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uh oh ... Do i have a problem? Its about day 3 looking like this... That snail hasnt been there for 3 days so ruled interference out. I fed it Mysis about 4 days ago and that was the last time it was out. How do you know when something is usual, unusual, or emergency?

1594395365292.png

Salt: 1.025
IMG_0082.jpeg

IMG_0080.jpeg

OP
OP
SPSlover

SPSlover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so my nutrients are getting too low so I lowered the light time on my sump from 14-12.5 hours. I also added a rotation on the feeder. Well see what happens now!

IMG_0090.jpeg

Back