70 gallon stocking ideas

  • Thread starter Thread starter aciak
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

aciak

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2023
Messages
54
Reaction score
49
Location
Amherst
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently I have a 70 gallon (3’ x 2’ x 2’) with fish that came over from two other systems. This is what’s in the tank right now: clown, yellow goby, cardinal x2 and a firefish (I also had a yasha goby I loved, but it committed suicide recently. Apparently, even just an eighth of a inch gap in the lid is enough to jump through but that’s another story)

I’d like to add a few more larger fish. I’m considering a mixture of the following. I’d like to pick 3. Maybe 4. What do you think? Im open to other suggests too!

Tomini tang
Mckoskers flasher wrasse
Melanurus wrasse
Yellow wrasse
Coral beauty
Flameback angel
Flame hawkfish
 
Currently I have a 70 gallon (3’ x 2’ x 2’) with fish that came over from two other systems. This is what’s in the tank right now: clown, yellow goby, cardinal x2 and a firefish (I also had a yasha goby I loved, but it committed suicide recently. Apparently, even just an eighth of a inch gap in the lid is enough to jump through but that’s another story)

I’d like to add a few more larger fish. I’m considering a mixture of the following. I’d like to pick 3. Maybe 4. What do you think? Im open to other suggests too!

Tomini tang
Mckoskers flasher wrasse
Melanurus wrasse
Yellow wrasse
Coral beauty
Flameback angel
Flame hawkfish
I had an angel, it chased all my fish. I have a yellow wrasse with too much energy.

I love my flame hawfish!! Got him from Fish and Coral Store. He's got character. I also have a six-lined wrasse who is stunning and super chill. I'd definitely say yes to a tang!! Maybe a butterfly fish.
 
I had an angel, it chased all my fish. I have a yellow wrasse with too much energy.

I love my flame hawfish!! Got him from Fish and Coral Store. He's got character. I also have a six-lined wrasse who is stunning and super chill. I'd definitely say yes to a tang!! Maybe a butterfly fish.
I’ve heard so much about the flame hawkfish personality! Sounds like a great fish.
 
I’ve heard so much about the flame hawkfish personality! Sounds like a great fish.
1000015719.jpg
1000015712.jpg

He's so hilarious! He's my favorite.
 
Bump! Anyone have other thoughts?
 
A small tomini should do fine. Flasher wrasses do best in a much longer tank due to their behavior. Consider a leucoxanthus or an ornate leopard (will need a sandbed). Even a pintail. Assessors would be nice. Consider the cherub angel over a flameback which can be aggressive. Avoid hawkfish which can also pound more mild mannered fish.

IMG_9747.jpeg
IMG_7266.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new