7097 controller

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

drdavethedude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I have 3 Tunze 6095s which I rotate (use 2 at a time) and they are controlled with 7092. 2 of my pumps have the 7090 controllers but 1 is older and never came with it.
I want to alternate the flow at longer intervals than the 10 seconds permitted by the 7092, and perhaps some variations where one is steady and the other one powers up and down and then switch. I have no interest in a full controller.
I know the 7097 is discontinued, but will it do what I want?
Also, does it work with newest versions of Windows, as I read somewhere that it only works with windows 10 and older.
Does Tunze have something that's a better option?
Thanks,
Dave

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I would generally not recommend any investment in the older pump, it is possible to add the 7090. Part 7090.000 will connect to the black box by DIN cable included. Such a pump is now at least 9 years old, these pumps only last as long as the capacitors on the circuitry, that is generally 7-10 years of continuous use. Later this year a new controller like the 7090 will be released, it can do longer than 10 second intervals, it is WIFI enabled and all settings are made on a website, tunzehub.com. It will be possible to retrofit this, but on the old pump, I would simply replace it, it is not worth the investment as the motor will eventually fail. The 7097 is no longer available, they work poorly on anything after Windows 10, it will work, but nearly requires being your own IT to set up, it has been discontinued and no further updates will be available.

OP
OP
D

drdavethedude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I would generally not recommend any investment in the older pump, it is possible to add the 7090. Part 7090.000 will connect to the black box by DIN cable included. Such a pump is now at least 9 years old, these pumps only last as long as the capacitors on the circuitry, that is generally 7-10 years of continuous use. Later this year a new controller like the 7090 will be released, it can do longer than 10 second intervals, it is WIFI enabled and all settings are made on a website, tunzehub.com. It will be possible to retrofit this, but on the old pump, I would simply replace it, it is not worth the investment as the motor will eventually fail. The 7097 is no longer available, they work poorly on anything after Windows 10, it will work, but nearly requires being your own IT to set up, it has been discontinued and no further updates will be available.
Thank you, Roger. I will wait for the newer controller!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%

Back