72 gallon bowfront- first time with a sump!

newby62

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 15, 2018
Messages
3
Reaction score
6
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with a 13.5 reef, and moved to a 40 gallon breeder AIO a year later that was set up for 2 years. When it was time to move and the 40 was broken down, I decided to switch to a tank with a sump.
I found a used 72 gallon bowfront and stand. For the sump I went with a 20 long and fiji cube sump kit. The tank is drilled with a 3/4" hole and a 1" hole. I decided to go with a herbie overflow so the 3/4" is my siphon and the 1" is the emergency. Black pvc was used to bring the return over the top of the tank. I will be dosing ammonia and putting in dr tims one and only today to start my cycle.
Equipment so far:
Skimmer: reef octopus classic 110 INT- brs
Pump: eheim 1260- brs
Heater: 2 eheim 150 watt-brs
Powerhead: aquaneat circulation Pump- amazon
Light: Aquatic life 36" hybrid t5ho-brs
Livestock waiting to go in
Clown fish
Melanurus wrasse
Blue leg hermits
Scarlett hermits

20211014_214034.jpg 20211105_165152.jpg 20211105_165215.jpg 20211106_082032.jpg
 
I made a bunch of filter socks so I won't have to wash them as often. There is one part of my weir that has a hole because that's where the pervious owner had their return. Any ideas on how to block this so no fish find their way back there?
 

Attachments

  • 20211112_163857.jpg
    20211112_163857.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 20211112_164003.jpg
    20211112_164003.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 87
  • 20211113_075232.jpg
    20211113_075232.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 91
How is the system coming along?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new