OP
F

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go check out the thread I have an update. (no Pics). Received a new skimmer that is kicking but. Had a couple of setbacks as well. Pics to come in a day or so though!

Eric

OP
OP
F

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:xd:Since Someone was complaining! I am going to double post to both this thread and the member tank thread! :tongue:

Well I took some new pictures tonight. I am by no means any good at this picture taking. Also its with a Point and Shoot only! But here goes Nothing:
TankPictures004.jpg

TankPictures004.jpg

TankPictures006.jpg

TankPictures027.jpg

TankPictures022.jpg

TankPictures023.jpg

TankPictures029.jpg

TankPictures026.jpg

TankPictures033.jpg

TankPictures031.jpg

TankPictures030.jpg

Jhildebrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, I had a customer come into my office as I started typing...

Couple ques:

Has that overflow quieted down yet? Are you putting a screen on that Calfo overflow to keep your cleaners from going up and over? And, do you feed all those LPS?

Jhildebrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, how's the Octo been? I was curious if it settled down a bit. It was always consistent on my system.

OP
OP
F

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you come and pick me up sunday I will have to show you! Its skimming some nasty ole Green Gunk!!!! I have it skimming pretty dry so its Nasty!! Will definately need to clean it when the wifey poo isn't home!!! That is until I get my utility sink and set it up in the basement fish room!

Eric

OP
OP
F

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I do need to setup some kind of screen system over the Calfo!!!! I do normally feed the tank pretty heavy and it seems like everyone gets a little snack! I put a different stack on the back. with a little bit longer piece of PVC and an airline down the hole in which I cut in the cap. Its much quieter now. Not sure if I will be able to make it much quieter as I am pumping a pretty good amount of water up and in the tank.

Eric

OP
OP
F

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the tank has been up for a few weeks now. I had one of the side of my Dual sunlight supply ballast die, Had the ceramic shaft on my return pump break, and have many snails and crabs taking some rides down to my sump, and my mandarin took a trip down one day as well.

I now have another ballast until I can get the one half of the dual ballast fixed. I received a new ceramic shaft for the pump and have that back online. Added a "rigged" 90 to the bulkhead inside the overflow to quiet it down.

Now I need too find a way to put some kind of snail/crab preventer over the top of my calfo.

Other than that the fish all seem happy and the tank is starting to look good. The zoas and Blasto's are started to spread along the tonga and the overflow like I planned too. will have some new pics soon.

Eric

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 26 28.6%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 30 33.0%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back