OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. Hope everyone is safe. Sumps are in. Can’t get a baby clown trigger to survive. I will try again. All in all tanks looking great. Lots of healthy fish. Got 8 more bartletts in QT. Here’s today’s video.

Kalinina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is beautiful!!

I was curious on what kind of fish your two largest are. Is the unicorn tang a naso brevirostris? And is the other large fish an orange or gold spotted rabbitfish?

Thank you! Your tank is truly amazing.

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much. You are correct on both species. They are massive :)

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't seen this build in quite a while (just post-hurricane maybe). Looks like it's back on track. You changed the scape huh?

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't seen this build in quite a while (just post-hurricane maybe). Looks like it's back on track. You changed the scape huh?
We took all the rock out. Put alot back in and used the arches from Life Rock. May add two more large arches. Will add one for sure to have more hiding spots for all the fish. Finally got everything in the sump set up outside. Additional 400-450 gallons of volume. 2 Nyos 300 skimmers along with a Clearwater 300, Carbon and GFO. Also considering Ozone.

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude that's just awesome man! Now I have something to fantasize about lol What did you like about the Miracle Mud? I have a box of it downstairs. I'm about to set up my new refugium and was planning on using it. It would be my first experience with it. I have several species of Macro Aglae and a couple Mangroves.

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude that's just awesome man! Now I have something to fantasize about lol What did you like about the Miracle Mud? I have a box of it downstairs. I'm about to set up my new refugium and was planning on using it. It would be my first experience with it. I have several species of Macro Algae and a couple Mangroves.
Honestly its all anecdotal but Im adding it soon to the new sump. Hve to make a nice box to hold it in that I can easily access or maybe even in a reactor as Ive seen Mike Paletta video but he doesnt detail exactly how much to put or the flow rate. Their is another video on youtube where a guy kind of rigs it up himself.

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude that's just awesome man! Now I have something to fantasize about lol What did you like about the Miracle Mud? I have a box of it downstairs. I'm about to set up my new refugium and was planning on using it. It would be my first experience with it. I have several species of Macro Aglae and a couple Mangroves.
I used it way back in the early 2000's and my fish all looked great. Cant hurt but remember to replace about half annually

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used it way back in the early 2000's and my fish all looked great. Cant hurt but remember to replace about half annually
Oh really? I did not know that. I'm currently using Brightwell Aquatics Koral Lagoon Substrat (basically crushed coral but designed for refugiums) in my Fuge and I love it but kind of wanted something more fine. I got in contact with Brightwell Aquatics as I run a TON of their products and they are sending me a care package with a few things one being some of their Mangrove Substrat to try out if he had it in stock. I really wanted to try that out but you cannot find it online anywhere! So I got the Miracle Mud if Brightwell can't come thru for me but I'll be getting my care package in a couple days so I'll know then. Super excited to upgrade the refugium. Thanks for the reply, you got a lot of them so I appreciate you taking the time for me!

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh really? I did not know that. I'm currently using Brightwell Aquatics Koral Lagoon Substrat (basically crushed coral but designed for refugiums) in my Fuge and I love it but kind of wanted something more fine. I got in contact with Brightwell Aquatics as I run a TON of their products and they are sending me a care package with a few things one being some of their Mangrove Substrat to try out if he had it in stock. I really wanted to try that out but you cannot find it online anywhere! So I got the Miracle Mud if Brightwell can't come thru for me but I'll be getting my care package in a couple days so I'll know then. Super excited to upgrade the refugium. Thanks for the reply, you got a lot of them so I appreciate you taking the time for me!
You have a build thread? Thank you for tagging along here :)

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a build thread? Thank you for tagging along here :)
You're welcome! I don't yet. I gotta get one together. I just moved tanks from a 15 column to a 20 cube. If you get a chance (spare 11 minutes) check out my video on the move. I have a Youtube channel I'm starting. There's another video on the channel of the 15. I'll be doing more soon and do one on the 20.

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're welcome! I don't yet. I gotta get one together. I just moved tanks from a 15 column to a 20 cube. If you get a chance (spare 11 minutes) check out my video on the move. I have a Youtube channel I'm starting. There's another video on the channel of the 15. I'll be doing more soon and do one on the 20.

When I click it it says unavailable :(

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's really weird, I can click it and it work fine. I mean I guess if you really wanna watch it go to YouTube and search "The move nano reef" and it should be the first search result. Sorry I couldn't make it easy for you!!
Just watched it. Is that a snap finger reactor? Lol snap your fingers and voila!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 35.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 30.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back