75 gallon AIO Build

stephydawn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just started a 75 gallon build! I have limited space and wanted something simple. I bought the AIO kit from Tenecor and a cheap Aqueon 75 gallon from petco. I got the AIO assembled and glued into the tank, rock and sand added. I’m working on the water now. I can make about 5 gallons an hour so it’s gonna take me a while for the water. I excited to see how this AIO insert will work. I couldn’t find much online with people using it. So far my biggest mistake is realizing this morning that the putty I used seems to be green, for some reason I thought it would turn white. Too late for that, haha.

4CAA4A6F-EF6F-4EC6-9C22-BE07CA6C1CF4.jpeg 4E9B0964-2894-4917-9BFB-9FD968EEC840.jpeg 2C5C1645-D357-4051-BA7C-E74B08D01990.jpeg 8D201E51-C32E-41E3-AED4-41E18F510693.jpeg

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol never thought of doing that.

Want me make a little species only tank and the 75 dimensions are nice and didn't think about building an AIO...

OP
OP
S

stephydawn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll know how it’s going to work soon. I’m trying to keep the build as low cost as possible. So far I’m up to $700 with everything. I’m aiming for less than $1000 including some starter fish. I still have to grab a heater and a cheap wavemaker and some quick start

Delsanders88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just started a 75 gallon build! I have limited space and wanted something simple. I bought the AIO kit from Tenecor and a cheap Aqueon 75 gallon from petco. I got the AIO assembled and glued into the tank, rock and sand added. I’m working on the water now. I can make about 5 gallons an hour so it’s gonna take me a while for the water. I excited to see how this AIO insert will work. I couldn’t find much online with people using it. So far my biggest mistake is realizing this morning that the putty I used seems to be green, for some reason I thought it would turn white. Too late for that, haha.

4CAA4A6F-EF6F-4EC6-9C22-BE07CA6C1CF4.jpeg 4E9B0964-2894-4917-9BFB-9FD968EEC840.jpeg 2C5C1645-D357-4051-BA7C-E74B08D01990.jpeg 8D201E51-C32E-41E3-AED4-41E18F510693.jpeg
Did you just use silicone to assemble your tenecor kit? And how sturdy was it afterwards?

OP
OP
S

stephydawn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love the rock work and a nice way to save some money on a tank!
I have added a diy meadia rack from my Biocube. I will also be changing the basket for a filter sock. If I fill it a lot it just wants to overflow. If I don’t, stuff just goes through the basket. I think a large filter sock will be much better. I still need to buy a decent heater. I was impatient and used the one I have for mixing saltwater.

OP
OP
S

stephydawn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D38F10E6-1D20-40AD-A993-45FAECF3040B.jpeg

I added this pair of Spotcinctus clowns on the 10th. Got a great deal, petco sold them as clarkii clowns on sale as $14.99 each. Probably the only petco fish that get added. My petco is not the cleanest. I figured if they could thrive at petco 3 months they should be good to go.

OP
OP
S

stephydawn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9DB4B67E-C109-4324-B90A-C75BF3BB0FFC.jpeg

I added this tail spot blenny on the 14th with two fire fish. ( the 2 mollies were added after the bottle bacteria to cycle the tank. I pulled them from my freshwater tank and plopped them in). He ended up in the back pump chamber once but has been good since he’s settled.
3C7DCFB4-0E8C-44D5-960C-4790FA1D446B.jpeg

OP
OP
S

stephydawn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far not much of an ugly stage. I’ve had the light on since day one. It’s a cheap coralife strip light. I added couple Zoa frags as well, they are open and doing well. I’ve added a Yasha goby and tiny shrimp on the 21st. ( unsure of what kind it is, it’s red striped). It was paired with the goby at the fish store. I’ve only seen it twice when I had to fish it out of the pump overflow . I have seen sand the shrimp has moved a tiny bit and have heard the shrimp but they have not paired back up. It’s a skittish little fish. Today I added a coral beauty the store has had since thanksgiving. It ate immediately after adding it to the tank and is getting along well so far.
5348B794-D855-4F68-AD2F-DD6140438D41.jpeg

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you switch to a filter sock, if so, how did it work out? Also, you got the lid with the AIO kit, right? How do you like it so far?

Very nice looking tank, btw. I like the rock work, and those clowns are really pretty!

OP
OP
S

stephydawn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you switch to a filter sock, if so, how did it work out? Also, you got the lid with the AIO kit, right? How do you like it so far?

Very nice looking tank, btw. I like the rock work, and those clowns are really pretty!
Thanks!
I just put some filter socks in my Amazon cart to see if I’ll like those better. The lid is ok. It fits perfectly. There’s a black acrylic piece that cover the AIO spot, it fit a little snug but ok, it sorta just sits on top. The back piece is bowing slightly. It had an open spot in the middle of it as well I’d assume is for a skimmer since I don’t have one , my light lights up thr chamber, could probably do a refugium in the middle section and not have to buy another light. For now I covered it with black vinyl so algae doesn’t grow in the back. I have small gobies though and think they could easily jump through the holes, the slats are like half an inch wide. I covered it with Saran Wrap so they wouldn’t get out lol. Also for laziness; I got tired of pouring water in twice a day and it doesn’t evaporate nearly as much now. I may by some egg crate and try and make something to have a refugium. If I keep the filter cup I will build some media shelves for underneath it since it’s wasted space now. Or maybe I’ll just throw a bag of carbon in the bottom of the filter sock.

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!
I just put some filter socks in my Amazon cart to see if I’ll like those better. The lid is ok. It fits perfectly. There’s a black acrylic piece that cover the AIO spot, it fit a little snug but ok, it sorta just sits on top. The back piece is bowing slightly. It had an open spot in the middle of it as well I’d assume is for a skimmer since I don’t have one , my light lights up thr chamber, could probably do a refugium in the middle section and not have to buy another light. For now I covered it with black vinyl so algae doesn’t grow in the back. I have small gobies though and think they could easily jump through the holes, the slats are like half an inch wide. I covered it with Saran Wrap so they wouldn’t get out lol. Also for laziness; I got tired of pouring water in twice a day and it doesn’t evaporate nearly as much now. I may by some egg crate and try and make something to have a refugium. If I keep the filter cup I will build some media shelves for underneath it since it’s wasted space now. Or maybe I’ll just throw a bag of carbon in the bottom of the filter sock.
Great info, thank you!

OP
OP
S

stephydawn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have yet to see the yasha goby since the last time I got it out of the back. I added a coral beauty on 1/26/23. Then added a sixtine wrasse and a tomini tang on 2/4/23. So far they are all doing well and ate almost immediately after adding them. I know some people will say it wasn't a great idea but I also added a bubble tip anemone on 2/8/22, it opened up within a couple hours and is doing great as well.
tempImageCdIeQD.jpg

Attachments

• tempImagePprkHN.png
    tempImagePprkHN.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 54
  • tempImage7QDt4y.png
    tempImage7QDt4y.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 52
  • tempImageqyRSeM.png
    tempImageqyRSeM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 55

Subliminal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great thread...I have been looking at the Tenecor stuff.

Of course, after I bought my Fluval Evo 13.5 I saw you can get a 40 gallon breeder tank for roughly $100, and with the Tenecor kit and lid for another $200, you'd have a nice sized AIO for the same cost as the Evo...of course sans lights and pump.

Anyway...will be watching! :)

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back