75 Gallon Mixed Reef - Stepping Up My Game!

civetti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been in the hobby for 6 or 7 years now and I have always tended to shy away from getting anything more than “beginner” corals. Partly because of the size of the tanks I have had and the lighting I was using, and partly because I wasn’t comfortable spending a bunch on coral that I did not have confidence would survive.

All that to say, I have recently been paying more attention to water parameters and monitoring coral growth. Also now finally having an established tank I have begun exploring some new species! First picture is from 2 weeks ago when I got a few new corals with some great coloring. The second picture is after I decided to add a little more rock to build it up to allow for more corals to be placed higher up. Have a few more corals coming this week so will add another picture when they come!
7D28FDF4-7A80-4F0C-8367-4892B1CC8008.jpeg

5BE36E52-BAE5-499D-98C8-7782DE587DEC.jpeg

I really like how the new rock layout turned out and the distribution of all the corals. Will post another picture when the new stuff is placed!

Last edited:

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 37 33.6%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 22 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back