75 gallon mixed reef

Kenny Kirby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting my tank thread and somewhere to post updates. Been in the hobby for around 7 years Updated to 75 gallons 3 years ago from a 45 gallon tank. Benn up and running for around 3 years now contains 8 fish ac couple of inverts and a lot of corals from sps to zoos and softies. It is a 75 gallon reef ready display tank and a 30 gallon sump under the stand with 3 sections.

Fish- Maroon clownfish, yellow watchman goby, flameback angel, bangaii cardinal, starry blend, and 3 anthias

Inverts- 4 bubble tip anemones, long spine sea urchin, pistol shrimp, 2 cleaner shrimp

corals- sps, lps, zoas, and softies

equipment- ati 6 bulb dimmable fixture, reef octopus skimmer, tunze ato, GFO reactor, mp40 and mp10, Neptune apex controller

Dose BRS 2 part daily and have started dosing red sea nopox

Update as things change and as I remember things feel free to ask questions.
IMG_0863.JPG IMG_0865.JPG IMG_0867.JPG IMG_0869.JPG IMG_0871.JPG IMG_0891.JPG IMG_0892.JPG IMG_0893.JPG IMG_0894.JPG IMG_0895.JPG IMG_0896.JPG IMG_0897.JPG IMG_0898.JPG IMG_0899.JPG IMG_0900.JPG IMG_0901.JPG IMG_0902.JPG IMG_0904.JPG

Orion1885

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great, really like the rbtas in the corner and the green digi colony. Are the RBTA's from one clone?

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank. I will be upgrading my 40g breeder to a 75g soon.

OP
OP
Kenny Kirby

Kenny Kirby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bayareareefer18 Ooo those are nice fish wish I had a lightning, Ive thought about adding a small one before to pair with my gold stripe but I've always been to afraid of what could go wrong. The one I have has been with me for awhile now and would hate to lose him.

@spyder813 Nice I originally started with a 45g and upgrade to this one about 3 years ago

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bayareareefer18 Ooo those are nice fish wish I had a lightning, Ive thought about adding a small one before to pair with my gold stripe but I've always been to afraid of what could go wrong. The one I have has been with me for awhile now and would hate to lose him.

@spyder813 Nice I originally started with a 45g and upgrade to this one about 3 years ago
Thanks. Added these two together. Both are very small but the lighting is tiny. So far they dont bother each other. Really hoping they can be friends lol. Wasn't planning on maroons but once we saw the gold nugget had to have it.

OP
OP
Kenny Kirby

Kenny Kirby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Added these two together. Both are very small but the lighting is tiny. So far they dont bother each other. Really hoping they can be friends lol. Wasn't planning on maroons but once we saw the gold nugget had to have it.

Yea they really are beautiful. my dream would be to have a pair of them if I could

OP
OP
Kenny Kirby

Kenny Kirby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never really had seen anything about them l. After a Google search I couldn't believe how insanely expensive they were just a couple years ago

Yea definitely more expensive than the more common clowns. Especially the designer ones like lightnings but the prices have been coming down a lot with time

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice!! Our setups are very similar, even the age is close. What parameters do you target?

Whiskey

OP
OP
Kenny Kirby

Kenny Kirby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank. I have a 75 also but started it in April so its in the uglies stage. Love your corals.

Yea Ive been there still tweaking things constantly you'll get through the uglies eventually

Very nice!! Our setups are very similar, even the age is close. What parameters do you target?

Whiskey

Ive just recently been more diligent on my parameters and I've been aiming for all around 8, calcium around 420, and magnesium around 1350. I think soon I'm gonna start dosing the red sea colors just to see if it changes anything otherwise there are the only things Im maintaining currently. As for phosphate and nitrate I don't have tests for them currently but am getting them soon, still trying to learn about good levels of those for sps but currently just trying to keep them as low as I can to prevent algae

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea definitely more expensive than the more common clowns. Especially the designer ones like lightnings but the prices have been coming down a lot with time
Very happy I got them. They actually were cheaper than the other designer types.

Can't wait to start filling out my tank

Love the elevation changes in your scape. Looks very natural

OP
OP
Kenny Kirby

Kenny Kirby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very happy I got them. They actually were cheaper than the other designer types.

Can't wait to start filling out my tank

Love the elevation changes in your scape. Looks very natural

Filling out the tank is always the best part. Thanks I've changed it a few times since I originally set it up, always trying new things tried to go for something that didn't look like just a wall of rock like in my old tank

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Filling out the tank is always the best part. Thanks I've changed it a few times since I originally set it up, always trying new things tried to go for something that didn't look like just a wall of rock like in my old tank
It's a nice balance of a wall but with depth and a natural feel

Pretty excited my first frags will be arriving next week

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 119 42.7%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 97 34.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 43 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.8%
Back