Welcome onto the prime time stage
ZomboMeme 06012021111918.jpg

Shnicnick

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm definitely going to have to check some of those out. Any suggestions on some reputable sites to get fish from? I know of live aquaria but they are kind of slim pickings atm and for some of the tang prices I can get a purple.or yellow
Here would be my suggestion:

Dr. Reef is a great guy and I have gotten my fish through him so far! He is a hobbyist just like us and is not in the business to make money, and he offers quarantined fish at near normal retail price! That being said, he is running a 1 man business, as well as working his actual day job, so we must understand that things come up and our order probably will not be as timely as an order for live aquaria, as well as if you chose to quarantine your fish through him expect it to take around 4-6 weeks!
Hope this helps!

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salty world. Some good suggestions there. Kole or Tomini should help with algae too but would need some greens if no algae. For colour I love a Flame Angel. Some people will say it’s 50/50 whether they will munch on corals. Mine has not troubled my corals.

OP
OP
C

Cgill772

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the suggestions and for feeling so welcome here. Alot of hobbys make it hard to learn because everyone acts like they know everything and don't want any newcomers. This site is definitely different and it's appreciated! Time to start shopping. I feel like dr reefs prices haven't been updated in awhile though. He still has qtd yellow tangs for under $200..

Shnicnick

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the suggestions and for feeling so welcome here. Alot of hobbys make it hard to learn because everyone acts like they know everything and don't want any newcomers. This site is definitely different and it's appreciated! Time to start shopping. I feel like dr reefs prices haven't been updated in awhile though. He still has qtd yellow tangs for under $200..
Good point! He updates them every time someone purchase the fish, I have ordered from him just as recently as last week and the prices were accurate as to what I paid! I’m sure there is still some updating he needs to do in terms of some of the fish involved in the Hawaii band.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back