75 gallon reef build

greenhorn reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6564f556bac002308b6a2a8a6077777b.png
I had some problems so I had to everything a little early. Going to watch closely and do water changes as needed but looks good

Good luck, looks good.

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank looks great ! I am loving the blue back round. I am building a 75g tank my self thread is " Embarking the Journey" Reef Build by Clayton . I am currently thinking of going either with the same light that you got maybe Dimmable, or even going as big as the 8 bulb 47in ATI SunPower , do you think that is to much light for a 75g tank or do you think I should just do a 6 bulb SunPower like your self ? Pleas take a look at my build it's rather a slow one but it's going !!! Testing my Patience quite a bit while I am trying to finish schooling .

OP
OP
michael.cser20

michael.cser20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank looks great ! I am loving the blue back round. I am building a 75g tank my self thread is " Embarking the Journey" Reef Build by Clayton . I am currently thinking of going either with the same light that you got maybe Dimmable, or even going as big as the 8 bulb 47in ATI SunPower , do you think that is to much light for a 75g tank or do you think I should just do a 6 bulb SunPower like your self ? Pleas take a look at my build it's rather a slow one but it's going !!! Testing my Patience quite a bit while I am trying to finish schooling .

6 bulb is perfect, trust me. The 6 bulb fixture is just wide enough for my tank and the 8 bulb would leave 2 bulbs shining light into the floor. Plus the 75 is a shallowish tank so I'm positive I have enough light for any type of coral. Especially sps and clams

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok then , thank you so much Michael.caer20 , cuz I am also considering a 36in SunPower Dimmable or non Dimmable version , but I am thinking of doing the 8 bulb 3ft version . To help me prevent light spillage from the sides of my tank . Like light spillage access. Or do you think I should just go the 6 bulb 47in version on the tank it's the exact same tank as you ?

OP
OP
michael.cser20

michael.cser20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok then , thank you so much Michael.caer20 , cuz I am also considering a 36in SunPower Dimmable or non Dimmable version , but I am thinking of doing the 8 bulb 3ft version . To help me prevent light spillage from the sides of my tank . Like light spillage access. Or do you think I should just go the 6 bulb 47in version on the tank it's the exact same tank as you ?

6 bulb 48" fixture. The 2 extra bulbs are not needed on the wide of a tank and you want the bulbs running the entire Length of the tank. I didn't bother with the dimmable because I did t think the price was worth it. I want my bulbs running at full power 100% of the time they are on.

OP
OP
michael.cser20

michael.cser20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_0620.JPG
see perfect width

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That does look like a perfect for OUR tanks tank you very much Michael.cswe20 I may just go with a 6 bulb 47in option. It really helped me a lot , take a look at my build when you can , I am trying to follow all the 75g tanks that I can to show proper respect to other reefers ;)

OP
OP
michael.cser20

michael.cser20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That does look like a perfect for OUR tanks tank you very much Michael.cswe20 I may just go with a 6 bulb 47in option. It really helped me a lot , take a look at my build when you can , I am trying to follow all the 75g tanks that I can to show proper respect to other reefers ;)

No problem. Believe me this light is beyond amazing. Tried and true too. You can't go wrong. If you got any other questions ask away

bo0sted2g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome build so far, I am currently gathering my equipment to upgrade my 30G cube into my 75G. I also had LED's on that tank but I havent been as happy with my LED's as the T5 fixture I used to run on my Old 55g. This time around I am going to go with the sunpower too.

Will be following along!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%

Back