75 Gallon stocking ideas

Rham1281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of compiling a list of stock I want to keep in my tank. I plan on having a mixed coral/fish tank and clowns are pretty high up on my list as well. Other than that, I'm not too sure on what other fish I want to keep. Dimensions are: 48'' long, 18'' wide, 21" tall

What are your experiences with your favorites?
What are some not so fantastic experiences?
What are some things that you wish you would have known before buying fish?
Bonus points if you can also recommend some good LPS to keep!

AKG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Longfin clowns are hard to find and cal look pretty cool. I love my tomato clowns but I would struggle to recommend them for community tanks because once they mate and nest the female gets extremely aggressive, more aggressive than a damsel or sixline wrasse imo. Straight up murderer, that one.

reely989

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of compiling a list of stock I want to keep in my tank. I plan on having a mixed coral/fish tank and clowns are pretty high up on my list as well. Other than that, I'm not too sure on what other fish I want to keep. Dimensions are: 48'' long, 18'' wide, 21" tall

What are your experiences with your favorites?
What are some not so fantastic experiences?
What are some things that you wish you would have known before buying fish?
Bonus points if you can also recommend some good LPS to keep!

I'm pretty new to the hobby, but I have a 75g as well. I have a couple of clowns, a couple of firefish goby, and a couple of azure damsels. Based on my limited experience, I'd skip the azure damsels if you ever get the urge. I have one that is mean as hell. Considering removing him.

AKG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty new to the hobby, but I have a 75g as well. I have a couple of clowns, a couple of firefish goby, and a couple of azure damsels. Based on my limited experience, I'd skip the azure damsels if you ever get the urge. I have one that is mean as hell. Considering removing him.
They are pretty but certainly a temperamental fish and frankly very hard to catch. My blue damsel is a like Luke Skywalker in a X wing!

reely989

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are pretty but certainly a temperamental fish and frankly very hard to catch. My blue damsel is a like Luke Skywalker in a X wing!

I just removed my aggressive one and I had to move the entire rockscape and finally just chase him until he was tired in a corner. Was a PITA

AKG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just removed my aggressive one and I had to move the entire rockscape and finally just chase him until he was tired in a corner. Was a PITA
Yeah frankly mine is scared of my tomatoes and sitting in the exact crevice they want to next over. Too dumb too move!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back