Stocking 75 gallon

Cheems

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooooo… changed my mind and decided the 40 gallon I have cycling is too small for me, the stand is rated for a 75 gallon so that’s what I’m going for, 4ft tank

Stocking list for what I want so far
- tomini tang (could it work also adding a yellow tang too?)
- 2-3 chalk bass
- clownfish pair (would maroon be too agresssive?)
- 1-2 dwarf angelfish like flame and multicolored
- cleanup crew

Room for more smaller fish or nah

OP
OP
C

Cheems

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd stick to 1 dwarf angel in a 75. If you do the chalk bass I'd look for a single mated pair. I'd advise against a yellow tang in a 75 long term
very helpful, and interesting, hopefully I can find the chalk bass in a pair but so far I havent seen any in person at my lfs so I am thinking I will have to ship them to me

and yeah ive heard yellow tangs can do well or they can not do well, I prefer the tomini tang anyways and my stocking is already pretty high so I will probably start out with the other fish then if it feels understocked later on maybe I will consider a baby yellow tang and then once it outgrows the tank, upgrade

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My advice would be go slow, add the dwarf angel second to last and the tomini tang last, and if you wanted any very small "filler" fish to consider those additions before those final 2. Also if you WERE considering some small fish, full sized chalk bass have been known to eat them.

OP
OP
C

Cheems

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My advice would be go slow, add the dwarf angel second to last and the tomini tang last, and if you wanted any very small "filler" fish to consider those additions before those final 2. Also if you WERE considering some small fish, full sized chalk bass have been known to eat them.
interesting, I will keep that in mind, I wasnt considering anything too small but that makes sense and I will be mindful of that

bambooshark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id say that you should take out the yellow tank and one of the dwarf angels unless you want a mated pair. Yes you would have room for smaller fish and a cleanup crew but depending on the size of the small fish I would stick with a smaller and less aggresive clownfish.

OP
OP
C

Cheems

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id say that you should take out the yellow tank and one of the dwarf angels unless you want a mated pair. Yes you would have room for smaller fish and a cleanup crew but depending on the size of the small fish I would stick with a smaller and less aggresive clownfish.
Yeah I’m not going to add a yellow tang, and yeah although I like maroons they will most likely harass anything and everything I add

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back