75 Gallon Stocking List

monarchckey88

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 11, 2025
Messages
62
Reaction score
21
Location
Maine
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious if you all think this is on the light, medium, or heavy end of stocking for a 75 gallon mixed reef.
What I currently have (8 fish):
1. Clownfish
2. Clownfish
3. Royal Gramma
4. Yellow Watchman Goby
5. Tailspot Blenny
6. Benggai cardinalfish
7. Blue Sided Fairy Wrasse
8. Mandarin Dragonet

I’m also considering adding two more fish potentially:
9. Blue Green Chromis
10. Tomini Tang

Current levels:
1.025
Nitrate 10.7
Phosphate 0.11
Alk 8.5
Calcium 437
 
I think that list is fine if you have a fair amount of live rock. It is best to stock least aggressive to most aggressive. The one I would worry about the most is the mandarin, especially with a fairy wrasse who also will probably eat pods. Maybe if its a Biota mandarin that eats some prepared food and your tank has a really well establish pod population from a sump, it might work. I would consider your tank moderately stocked.

I also have a 75g and I have 10 fish in it currently with 3 in QT to eventually move in. Some of mine are small like masked goby but I would like to add a few more with one of those being a tang, probably a tomini.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new