7500k coral led.

Aquadude1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to do a 7500k acro tank. What leds on the market would be ideal for this. I do NOT want to do MH. I have built my own lights and am open to doing so, but I would rather buy pre built. What do yall suggest

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to do a 7500k acro tank. What leds on the market would be ideal for this. I do NOT want to do MH. I have built my own lights and am open to doing so, but I would rather buy pre built. What do yall suggest
A long time I was thinking about doing a DYI with LEDs and never did because my soldering skills and basic electrical ignorance about putting the project together caused me to abandon the project before it got started.

What I did notice was that many of the projects that were suggested were using a mixture of led’s to get a wide range of spectral output vs a single led that were available. All that to say, the specifications on the led’s might be quoted as 5K, or 6.5 K but like many other bulb types the actual “color temperature” seemed to be all over the visual spectrum with regards to the final product output, at least from what I could see with my eyes.

Are you planning on using a single 7500k LED or a few different LED’s to make the light?

The other thing I noticed was that the reported kelvin temperature was not necessarily an accurate indicator of the PAR/PUR outputs among the LED’s, and that was a big factor in my decision not to try and assemble a fixture since I couldn’t figure out how to get what I wanted from the pieces that were available.

Good luck with your project! I have not been helpful other than to give the thread a bump.

OP
OP
A

Aquadude1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm open to diy but I'm looking for a fixture on the market that would be more optimized for the purpose

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, gonna be tough. Planted tank LEDs are close, but not high of K with most around 5500k, or so... and they are not all that powerful so you need a lot of them.

The only thing that comes to mind that have some punch are maybe the Orphek Reef bars - I think that they make a Reef Day and also a Planted Tank version. Maybe a mixture of these of some sort? I do not know their spectrum off the top of my head. They use 5w LEDs, IIRC.

OP
OP
A

Aquadude1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My goal is to have natural sunlight esque light but a little bluer since many of the corals I plan to keep come a little deeper down. Can of a MH lighter spectrum but with leds

OP
OP
A

Aquadude1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I'm a little slow today. I'm looking more for something led that will mimic 14k mh not 7500k. I'm stupid

OP
OP
A

Aquadude1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
14k not 7500

OP
OP
A

Aquadude1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhh that is easier. I would think a lot of reef leds will cover that.
I've tried a couple, it just seems like many newer lights are more optimized for ab+. I wanted something a little more daylightish out of the box.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kessil AP9X has a whiter shade of blue. imo.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back