75g Build First timer

AjayCray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there everyone!

So, I just got into the hobby and have been going since September 28th. I just wanted to introduce myself and get some advice as I progress through this journey.

I currently have a 75 gallon Marineland Ensemble I picked up from petsmart without knowing anything, thinking I was getting a good deal at the time. While I still think the deal was pretty good, this set up does not allow me to house a sump unless I changed the stand... haha. That being said I am using an Oase 600 canister for my filtration. I kept everything stock and only removed the second layer and put in bits of live rock.

I've played around with a few cheap power heads and recently "upgraded" to a Jebao MCP-90 and so far I am pleased with it, but really can't say much since I haven't dabbled into any corals, yet.

I am using a 48" Reef Breeders Photon V2 Pro for my lighting. I'm pretty happy with it, but again no real experience with this technology.

I am currently housing a Yellow Tailed Damsel, an Orchid Dotty Back, a Yellow Clown Goby, an Oscellaris Clown, and another breed of clown I can't remember... I have a Red Fire Shrimp, a few Astrea Snails, a couple Margarita Snails, a few Nassarius Snails, a Fighting Conch, and a few Hermits.

Everyone seems to be thriving and eating very well. Clowns be clowning in the corner of my tank... (weirdos)

Anyway, I also have an inline Fluval UVC that I added this weekend because I had some clouding going on and a crazy (I believe) diatom out break I was attempting to mitigate. As of right now everything looks pretty good. I'm leaving everything as is for some time and hope to get some stable readings. I only have the basic API test as of right now and will be getting Salifert Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphate, and Alk/water hardness tests later this week. Should be receiving an Aqua Maxx Bullet 3 today as well.

Parameters I can check as of today are:
pH 8.4
Ammonia 0 ppm
Nitrate 0ppm
Nitrates between 0-5ppm

Please review my photos and tell me what you think of my attempt at aquascape is looking like and I'm open to suggestions. Excuse my cellphone quality photos . The first pic is today, the second is from this past weekend.

Thanks for having me!

Cheers,
AJ
20231107_095017.jpg
20231101_160233.jpg
20231029_163136.jpg
20231029_163126.jpg
20231029_163317.jpg
20231104_205023.jpg

Last edited:

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there everyone!

So, I just got into the hobby and have been going since September 28th. I just wanted to introduce myself and get some advice as I progress through this journey.

I currently have a 75 gallon Marineland Ensemble I picked up from petsmart without knowing anything, thinking I was getting a good deal at the time. While I still think the deal was pretty good, this set up does not allow me to house a sump unless I changed the stand... haha. That being said I am using an Oase 600 canister for my filtration. I kept everything stock and only removed the second layer and put in bits of live rock.

I've played around with a few cheap power heads and recently "upgraded" to a Jebao MCP-90 and so far I am pleased with it, but really can't say much since I haven't dabbled into any corals, yet.

I am using a 48" Reef Breeders Photon V2 Pro for my lighting. I'm pretty happy with it, but again no real experience with this technology.

I am currently housing a Yellow Tailed Damsel, an Orchid Dotty Back, a Yellow Clown Goby, an Oscellaris Clown, and another breed of clown I can't remember... I have a Red Fire Shrimp, a few Astrea Snails, a couple Margarita Snails, a few Nassarius Snails, a Fighting Conch, and a few Hermits.

Everyone seems to be thriving and eating very well. Clowns be clowning in the corner of my tank... (weirdos)

Anyway, I also have an inline Fluval UVC that I added this weekend because I had some clouding going on and a crazy (I believe) diatom out break I was attempting to mitigate. As of right now everything looks pretty good. I'm leaving everything as is for some time and hope to get some stable readings. I only have the basic API test as of right now and will be getting Salifert Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphate, and Alk/water hardness tests later this week. Should be receiving an Aqua Maxx Bullet 3 today as well.

Parameters I can check as of today are:
pH 8.4
Ammonia 0 ppm
Nitrate 0ppm
Nitrates between 0-5ppm

Please review my photos and tell me what you think of my attempt at aquascape is looking like and I'm open to suggestions. Excuse my cellphone quality photos . The first pic is today, the second is from this past weekend.

Thanks for having me!

Cheers,
AJ
20231107_095017.jpg
20231101_160233.jpg
20231029_163136.jpg
20231029_163126.jpg
20231029_163317.jpg
20231104_205023.jpg
Tank is looking Great!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 45 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 42 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.2%
Back